low hormone levels

shelby1998

Reaction score
Hiya everyone.
after having some blood tests the midwife told me that my hormone levels were low. is this something to worry about. i'm a bit scared. cheers Michelle xx

Hiya Shel

Its hard to answer this question without knowing which particular hormones you had tested. Was it your HCG beta you had tested?

If this is the test you had done, it is important to remember that one quantitative human chorionic gonadotropin measurement alone cannot predict pregnancy outcome. A single hCG reading is not enough information for most diagnoses. When there is a question regarding the health of the pregnancy, multiple testings of hCG done a couple of days apart give a more accurate look at assessing the situation. The important factor is that your levels are doubling every 48 - 72 hours.
Try not too make to much of your HCG level at this point. A normal pregnancy may have low hCG levels and deliver a perfectly healthy baby. The results on an ultrasound after 5 - 6 weeks gestation are much more accurate than using hCG numbers.

Hope this helps

happy20920mnths.jpg

Hiya Rachael,
Thanks for the reply.
i think it was the level that you were talking about. i am only 5 weeks pregnant and bled with my first pregnancy and i have a beautiful healthy 7 year old daughter Shelby.
It's just that all these years on they seem to be alot more thorough.
I have an appointment on Monday so lets see what that brings xx

Well lotsa
goodluck1.gif
for Monday - I'm sure everything will be fine - Let us know how you get on.

happy20920mnths.jpg

Sending you lots of luck for monday sweetheart!!

Absolutely fantastic.
i have just had my scan and it was brilliant. everything is ok and i am glad to say that i am 5 weeks and 5 days.

Thats fantastic news Shelby!
icon_jig.gif
icon_jig.gif
icon_jig.gif
- Your levels cannot be that low now - To be able to see a gestational sac via a transvaginal ultrasound, your hCG levels would need to have reached between 1,000 - 2,000mIU/ml.
happy20920mnths.jpg

thanks rachael. they told me thatthere was no need to have another blood test and that they will scan me again in another 2 weeks

Well lots of
goodluck1.gif
goodluck1.gif
goodluck1.gif
for your next scan - I'm sure everything will be fine!

Let us know how you get on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back