losing supply on one side

Xena

Reaction score
It's my own fault really. Since I started sleeping in a single bed with Alex a couple of months ago, I tend to feed him mostly through the night from my right boob, because that way he's against the wall and I don't have to hold him back from rolling out of the bed.

As a result I've found that my right boob gets fuller a lot more than my left boob does.

I'm not fond of the lopsided boob look lol. Do you think that if I make an effort to nurse him more from the left for a few days that things will even out again? lol

Yes. Does he feed during the day? If so you could feed from the left during the day. I express about 1l a day and I used to always start on the right side so it got bigger than the left. Now I alternate and it's fine :)

He feeds once during the day right before his nap. I have been trying to keep that one left sided, but because he feeds so much more at night, I've still been going lopsided you see lol.

I'm going to have to barricade the side of the bed or something and feed him from the left more I guess.

Cheers

just turn around... :) put your head where your feet should be and feed ;)

Hiya,

I had this with both Daisy and Rosie - after a few weeks they both seemed to favour the right so the left never had as much milk, and this continued throughout the time I fed them (it didn't affect their growth or anything, only my looks :rotfl: ). It doesn't appear to have happened this time though thankgoodness, not sure why but Ruby will feed equally well on both sides so I guess that has something to do with it.

Not sure what advice to give apart from to keep feeding from that side in the hope that the supply will return. I suppose the thing is, once they've realised that there is more milk in one boob than another, they start to want the easy option - keep trying though, I don't see why it shouldn't come back if you keep at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back