• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Long, Long Time TTC

Miss M

Reaction score
reposting after the hacking incident

Hello, I'm new here. I thought it would be nice to join a forum where I can chat with people in the same boat as me, though if there will be many, or indeed any, remains to be seen.

I've been with my husband for eleven years and we have been married for eight of those years. We started TTC, way back in January 1998. Nearly ten years ago :(

In that time, fortunately I've suffered no tragedies in losing a baby, I've simply never even managed to get to a point when I have thought I might be pregnant .. beyond convincing myself that there were symtoms of course.

I've had blood tests which were all clear, a laparoscopy, a course of Clomid which I was taken off due to adverse reactions, two sessions of IUI and my husband has had tests too, which were all fine. The doctors claim there's nothing wrong with either of us.

Over these nine years, I've seemingly been surrounded by everyone else getting pregnant, particularly those who said they never even wanted children. I haven't given up hope yet, but in my opinion, if I had done such, it would have been understandable.

Anyway, here I am, I look forward to meeting you all.

:wave: welcome to the forum, and sorry for your difficulty ttc, hope it happens for you soon xx

Hello again, good luck and I hope you don't have to wait much longer.

Good luck

xxx

hi and welcome to the forum, hope you get your BFP soon xx :hug:

welcome to the forum hun, sending u lotsa baby dust i hope u get that bfp very soon! :pray:

Hi, Just wanted to give you some hope. I had been trying to get pregnant for over 15 years. Eventually about 3-4 years ago DH and I decided that it just wasn't going to happen.

Then last year started to get sore boobs and felt really tired. We decided that I was probably going through the start of the menopause........... but one of the girls at work asked if I might be pregnant ........... do you know it hadn't even crossed my mind.

But hey ho............ I sure was and two weeks before my 41st birthday I had the most gorgeous baby girl............ I have no idea why it took us so long to get pregnant, we didn't do anything differently and our situation/family life etc hadn't changed in anyway either.........

So please please know that there is always hope......... it is so hard isn't it seeing eveyone else have a baby that you so desperately want.... but there is always hope, don't give up and just keep practising !!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you both :hug:

Fiona, thank you, that certainly does give me hope. People keep saying to me that I should just forget about it and then it'll happen, but I really can't, hope always lives on at the back of my mind, making it so no matter what, I'm always hoping.

Hey Miss M, welcome :wave: and huge GOOD LUCK TTC
I took nearly 2 and a half years to fall, nothing compared to you, but wanted to wish you every luck hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you MissLarue :hug: I hope it isn't much longer either, I'm getting rather impatient, heh!

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

wow 9 years, it puts my 2 years into perspective, I cant begin to imagine how hard it must have been for you :hug:

As long as you know we're all here for you, this is a fantastic place for advice and support and we'll all be willing a bfp very soon for you :pray: :pray:

:wave:

Thank you for the welcome. It has been very hard. I recall the first month of trying and how hopeful I was, but oh no, each month that passes, just leads to more disappointment and frustration.

I can't wait for that bfp and I wish the very same for you :hug:

all the very best with ttc Miss M, welcome to the forum!! :wave: :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back