• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Liverpool night out - Taxi question for Jen&James

jennywren

Reaction score
For all you Liverpudlians........

Anyone know if there is anything going off in the city on the weekend of 8th November?? We were wanting to go for mine and BFs birthdays but we can not get in to any of the usual cheap(ish) hotels (Ibis/Premier inn on docks) as everywhere booked up and the only things left are £180 per roomers or these apts there all renting out these days, so my only thought was something was perhaps going on that weekend anyone any ideas??

Also anyone know approx how much a Taxi is from the wirral (morton) to / from Liverpool City Center as the only other option is staying at my granddads house (as he is in a home now :cry: ) but I don't know if mum will let me but it was just a thought, just incase!!

Hiya hun, with it being the capital of culture year there tends to be sommat on every weekend!

http://www.visitliverpool.com/site/whats-on

This gives an itinery of everything thats happening in the city this year..

I had a look myself and there are 4 pages of different things that are happening all over the city! So I guess why thats why the hotels are so booked up...Its like that all year tbh.

If you cant stay at your granddads then why not have a look around on the outskirts of Liverpool? There is a travel lodge at the bottom of the M57/M58 which is about a 15 minute drive in to town and that would cost about £15 in a taxi.

There are loads of guesthouses etc around Bootle, Crosby, Waterloo, also in south liverpool - Childwall, Gateacre etc. If you need any help locating one just let me know.

Finally, if you are really struggling, I will speak to hubby to see if you can stay on our boat in the Marina. :D Cant make any promises but I would hate to think of you not being able to make it to the city for your birthdays just cos you cant find a place to stay. :hug:

awwww Jen thats great, thanks for the offer of the boat as well hun thats a lovley thought :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ill have a look round the outskirts, I didnt want to go to far out, end up paying a fortune for a hotel/B&B and also for taxis as well but £15 is not bad at all especially for 4 of us. Tell me is it still a bugger to get a taxi at the end of a night???

There is some places available in the Edge Lane area but everytime we drive through there I never think it looks like a very nice area at all!! Especially with all them multicouloured shutters on the windows now ha ha.

Ill have a dig around tonight but check locations/taxi prices with you first so I dont end up in a dodgy area and pay a fortune to get their lol!!

cheers hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

Jen do you know roughly how much it would cost in a taxi from Upton on the Wirral to the city center- just approx??

Also can you advise whats the best way to get a taxi home???? (at home we just ring em or flag em but have had trouble flagging em their and never know if we ring em a) who to ring and b) if someone else will jump in it!!!

jennywren said:
Jen do you know roughly how much it would cost in a taxi from Upton on the Wirral to the city center- just approx??

Also can you advise whats the best way to get a taxi home???? (at home we just ring em or flag em but have had trouble flagging em their and never know if we ring em a) who to ring and b) if someone else will jump in it!!!

Hi hun

only just seen this cos i have been on me jollies, sorry!

TBH Im from the other end of liverpool so not had to ever get a taxi over the water.

I would suggest you call a local taxi firm (just yell taxis and upton) and ask them how much they would charge. Or call 0151 708 7080 (Davey Liver Cabs) to ask how much it would be to get a liverpool taxi to take you home. I think it will be expensive though cos Upton is closer to Chester than anything so I think it would cost you a fair few bob... :think:

Jen&James said:
jennywren said:

Hi hun

only just seen this cos i have been on me jollies, sorry!

TBH Im from the other end of liverpool so not had to ever get a taxi over the water.

I would suggest you call a local taxi firm (just yell taxis and upton) and ask them how much they would charge. Or call 0151 708 7080 (Davey Liver Cabs) to ask how much it would be to get a liverpool taxi to take you home. I think it will be expensive though cos Upton is closer to Chester than anything so I think it would cost you a fair few bob... :think:

OK thanks babe xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back