• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lists of wants for pram...Quinny Speedi, Nipper or Solomon?

Sunbeam638

Reaction score
Bit early I know but I need to do my research and was wondering if anyone can help!

I'm looking for a pram that's good at off roading/jogging/dog walking/shopping/travel system

Good for height I'm a shorty at 5"1 but OH is 6"2 so needs adjustable handles but Im not going to struggle by pushing it around....

So far seen a quinny speedi sx , out'n'about nipper, Jane Solomon are looking promising.

My budget it going to be 300 so will prob be a second hand one.

Pie in the sky?! I seem v.fussy reading this back! xxx

Take a look on pushchair trader site they review practically every pushchair on the market

I had similar requirements and although the icandy peach jogger ticked all the boxes it is very expensive and I found it very heavy to lift when folded. We have ended up buying the Mothercare my3. It has a seat, which turns into a carry cot for a newborn and fits the Maxi Cosi car seat. It also has an adjustable handle which is very easy to use and I loved the fact it came with everything, cosy toes, rain cover, etc. I think we paid just under £400 for it. I'm sure there are more rugged prams but this ticked the majority of the boxes for us and if the dog walks we go on are really muddy we'll use the baby sling. Definitely worth popping into Mothercare and having a play xxx

Last edited:
I second the pushchair trader website for reviews :)

There is a 3 wheeler that mothercare do which is quite cheap, I think its the Xtreme?

Hi, the pram I am getting looks like it would be good for you, it's an iCandy apple and can go into jogger mode etc... It's rather pricey, but have seen some on gumtree and eBay. The peach is also very good.xx

I had similar requirements and although the icandy peach jogger ticked all the boxes it is very expensive and I found it very heavy to lift when folded. We have ended up buying the Mothercare my3. It has a seat, which turns into a carry cot for a newborn and fits the Maxi Cosi car seat. It also has an adjustable handle which is very easy to use and I loved the fact it came with everything, cosy toes, rain cover, etc. I think we paid just under £400 for it. I'm sure there are more rugged prams but this ticked the majority of the boxes for us and if the dog walks we go on are really muddy we'll use the baby sling. Definitely worth popping into Mothercare and having a play xxx

Thanks I will have a look on gumtree I did see a few ICandy ones I think it's going to be that or the speedi. The weight might be an issue though so will check out the My3 too :)

I did see a really good price on gumtree for a quinny but I think I need to be sensible and test them out in a shop.

iCandy seems very popular need to look into this more thanks for your responses xxx

i got my 2nd hand i candy apple, turned into jogger for £175 off ebay.when i was 10 weeks, that inc the seat, the cary cot and the jogger wheel. my friend gave me the maxi cosi car seat.
but dont forget babies shouldnt be in car seats longer than 2 hrs at a time.

After alot of research I've narrowed it down to the phil and teds sport or the quinny speedi...they tick all the boxes and I liked seeing the demos on kiddicaretv (you tube is great!), if anyone has any experiences if these two I would be v.v.v.grateful!xx

Hello guys, where can I find best furniture and prams on cheaper price in UK?
I’m newbie here in UK so please guide me.
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
never had a quinny but the phil and teds are great, real sturdy, I had one of those double ones when my older two were younger x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back