lemon curd . . .

spice

Reaction score
so my question is, is it ok to eat it? we brought some today but it wasn't till we got home that i realised it says dried eggs in the ingredients list! have had a look on-line but cant really find any help, other than most dried egg is pasteurised! any help would be great as i was thinking of having it for breakfast on toast!!! thankx xxx

If it's supermarket, mass produced it's fine. It's the same as dried egg in mayonnaise such as Helmans etc.
I would check if it's from a farm shop etc. But as far as I know because lemon curd is heated up to make it form, it would kill any nasties in it anyway. A bit like eating goats cheese that is heated up in a quiche - that's ok too as long it's piping hot.
Enjoy it x

Sunnyb xxx

that makes more sense :) its from tesco so i will now be enjoying it with a cup of tea in the morning! xxx

I've been craving it and can't find it in our tescos! Was it with the jams and marmalades?

yer it was!!! in ours it was below the peanut butter bit, but should be in that area! good luck :)

Mmmm! For some reason I was thinking about lemon curd last night. lemon curd on toast cant beat it :) xx

i know!!! used to have it all the time when i was a kid :) now just trying to wait till im supper hungry so i can eat loads of it :)

Ive been eating loads :) its just raw/unpasturised eggs u cant have x

I've just got some! Prob won't want it now I've got it lol!

hahaha im considering making some toast and lemon curd now, but OH will be home in half hour and then it will be time to cook dinner :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back