Le Creuset casserole dishes

OopsyDaisy

Reaction score
Hello all. I've been wanting a casserole dish that can be used on the hob and in the oven for ages and ages, and I love the Le Creuset range, but the only thing holding me back is the price. Does anyone have one, and are they really worth the money? Are there any other cheaper brands which are just as good?

Yes, I think they are wonderful!!! You can get them at our local designer outlet place at Mcarther Glen, there is a Le Creuset shop there. Not always the best colours but cheaper! TK Maxx often have them too x

I love my le Creuset casserole, it's brilliant. Don't know about cheaper brands as we've got only the one, but I want another slightly bigger one. Being pregnant, so soon having another eater might be a good enough excuse :angel:

The only thing you need to be aware of that it always needs washing up and drying straight away to avoid any possible rust. They're enameled allover but the rims aren't. And never ever use cream cleaner or scouring pads with them,

They are expensive, but look at them as a heirloom, as they'll last a lifetime if you treat them right,

if you have a tk max near you they sell le creuset stuff pretty cheaply - i got some nice pink stuff there :D

We have a le creuset casserole dish that we use every week....sometimes twice a week.

It's 32 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMAZING!

Just DO NOT drop it!!!!

Ditto TK Maxx! I have loads of Le Creuset stuff from there - was dirt cheap.

O they are so worth the money. I adore them. Last forever also. Heavy but great for cooking everything and anything.

There is nothing that comes close. The extra you spend on them means you won't have to spend again.

Go splash out :)

I'd love an entire set but OH would pass out at the cost. So its bit by bit for me :lol:

not an active member orgy uking it innit

Last edited:
worth the extra cost, i had afew bought for me..... tk max is brilliant for a bargain....like its been said if u look after them they will last 4 years!!!!

We have a small pot a big pot and a griddle and I love them, I think they are brill just weigh a ton :lol:

We have a griddle pan and 2 casserole dishes.... they are excellent.

Debenhams also sometimes have them cheap in the sales :D

Well, that's it then, sounds to me like it's a "must-buy" item!!!
Shame I don't have a TK Maxx near me.
But I think I can manage to wait that little bit longer for when the sales are on again.

doesn't anyone find them ridiculously HEAVY though? They are fab - my mum has had an orange set since we were babes and that's over 30 years! The weight of them has put me off buying any. There must be other brands around - which ones does Gordon Ramsey (my very favourite chef!) use?

Well, they're cast iron, the weight would be the same with other brands, too.

I dont find the weight a problem really. It doesnt put me off

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back