Lairy Fights

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly!

Let's do some Tra-lala-ing in here, telling each other how we plan to spend Christmas! Family plans, shopping, nice Christmas customs that we would like to share, what turns us on about the holiday season!

*starts to hang Christmas lights every where* where do we put up the mistletoe?

Any Christmas haters out there? What can we do to change your mind?

*puts a santa hat on her bump*

Heehee

And you know, I'm a teetotaller, too! You'd never think it, the way I act on here!

Sue

You're mad lol, I thought you were always drunk!! :wink:

Only when I'm not sober, hun! :lol:

*puts on "can you stop the cavalry" by Jonah Lewie and tries on her penguin suit*

Dah dah dah dah dah.....

Sue

Despite all the commercial aspects, I love Christmas!

I just wish that my family loved it as much as me!

The DH and both his parents just think it is plain dull. But personally I think its what you make it! I personally love all the music and the fairy lights and the warm feeling of being at home, eating too much and watching crap on the telly. To me its fabulous!

Unfortunately one of my favourite traditions is to go down to our local village and drink too much with the locals. There are always carol singers in the pubs and it is a wonderful atmosphere. This year I will be tee-total :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: , so I am hoping that the atmosphere is good enough to make up for all the orange juice!

baaaaaa humbug!

naa not really I love christmas, eating to much, spending too much! Luckly I will be fit to drop so I don't have to cook this year!

Cards check
Presents check
Know where the decorations are check
wrapping paper - ahh not yet

I've been good this year (for once) so I hope I het some nice stuff and not just nighties, socks or gloves and scarf sets!

Oh and The snowman on TV and something like mary poppins on too with only fools & horses oh god back to Baa Humbug!

bobtheunfortunateone said:
I hope I het some nice stuff and not just nighties, socks or gloves and scarf sets!

I hope I do get all of the above lol, does that mean I'm sad? :shock:

Yep Kim that is really sad!!

Lol

I love christmas, and there is no better feeling than when "IT'S CHRISTMAS" is played for the first time in the living room while putting the crimbo deccers up!!

Oh i can't wait!!

Cheeky sod lol!! :D :D :D

Hey didn't you ask for pyjamas??!! :wink:

There is one thing that I am really looking forward to.

This year the DH has to help me put the tree up! Normally I do it on my own and he isn't interested. But this year he has no choice but to help me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When he's not looking I am going to serve him up some mulled wine and put some sneaky music on in the background. You never know, he might accidentally enjoy it! I can't wait!

Yes Kim, I did ask for PJ's- trust you to remember that! Lol

I was really stupid today, Amy is only nearly 2 but i am trying to get the fact of father christmas up and running as i think it makes christmas more special if the children are excitied by it.
Anyway, i keep trying to tell he that father christmas and his elves come and put the christmas tree and decorations up. She looked at me a bit blank but i was enjoying myself Lol.

I got the phone, pretended to dial a number and said " father christmas, Amy wants to know when you are coming to put the christmas decorations up?!" i did the ususal conversation thing on the phone and then said to her that he was coming sunday night when everyone was in bed!! Lol

So monday when she gets up it will all be done! it's early but i want her to enjoy it as long as she can.

I'm mad :D :D :D

Amy's mum, it'll have to be done now*L*

My brother, who we asked to pick up our Moses basket as a favour, rang us lastnight and said - it's christmas, I just got a job, I will have my first niece or nephew in January, consider the Moses basket a gift! Way too generous, but we accepted. Now what do we get him???

Christmas was always fun in our house growing up, my Mom and I would go to Midnight Mass after the turkey was done on Christmas Eve and then I would help her wrap all the Santa stuff, and disguise my handwriting so the others wouldn't know it was me! Dad would make his famous turkey stew with the neck and giblets of the turkey, and one year my (teetotal) granny went on and on about how lovely it was - she didn't know that Dad had put a whole bottle of Guinness in it!

Our first Christmas as a married couple was nice last year, we had a real tree and enjoyed putting it up and making the place nice and cosy. My eight year old niece kept asking us when we were going to have a baby at dinner! She won't ask this year! Unfortunately we didn't see much of my family because of some very heavy snow which made it dangerous to travel. I was gutted because it was the first Christmas I hadn't been with them in a while.

This year - presents - some bought. Cards, almost all done. This spell at home means that I got more done early. I have now just to wrap them all and hide them, and show Dh where to find them lest I go in early or something!

*makes egg nog*

Drinks all round? Virtual, so they're conscience free!

*makes herself a huge pot of tea*

Sue

Hmmm...I must import an avatar for xmas... now that I have nowt to do for the next ...9 weeks besides get ready for christmas and the baby ( no work, i mean) - I can relax a bit...*L* that sounds funny.

So, what date do you guys think xmas cards should go out? I have some non-exertatious stuff to do tomorrow that involves printing a load of xmas cards that I designed for our business. Now...when to post them, and when to post personal cards. I said that we should post ours about December 15th, OH thinks that's too late.

Another question - Dad is sort of semi-dating a nurse who told him that because of high bp in my pregnancy history now, the baby could come early? Is this true and in this case I should probably be getting that nursery cleaned out! Don't worry, my younger sister (mwahahaha) is coming down to stay and be a wee slave for a couple of days soon!

*changes the CD to Cerys Matthews and Tom Jones singing "It's cold outside."*

And throws another log on the fire.

Sue

How many xmas cards are you sending out this year?
I always sent out loads, and now with my husband's family and friends as well as my own, we are sending out more than 80 personal cards :shock: and almost as many from the business! It's getting pricey, you know? I always buy charity cards though, it gives me a buzz that the money is going somewhere worthwhile.

I think my GP will be getting a Christmas card this year too! :lol: She's almost a family friend at this stage.

And what is Santa bringing everyone, and have you been good girls this year?

Just don't sit on my knee to tell me - with my bump there isn't room - and anyway, ew.... :wink:

Sue :D

*opens her advent calendar and has a piece of chocolate* mmmmmmmm christmas build-up........

My principal was in talking to me lastnight and stated "of course you won't bother about Christmas and cards and presents this year will you? You don't want the bother?"

I nodded and said I wasn't going to do much...

But that ain't true!

While I won't be cooking dinner (invitation from SIL whoohoo) I WILL be buying pressies, sending out cards and decorating, not to mention doing our nursery! (Willing slave in shape of younger sister allowing.)

I just won't be getting up off my butt to do much of it! My plan is to be ferried everywhere and just point at what I want and then let OH carry it all! He'll be carrying the baby next year! :lol:

Sue

All xmas cards done and when I come home from hospital on Tuesday (all going well, bp will stay down) I will order the xmas tree and start decorating it! My brother and his fiancee are coming at the weekend to help us paint our nursery and we have a lot of bits and pieces now!

It's all coming together!!!

*excited* (finally)

Sue

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!!

To all of you ladies in waiting who, like me, have been given another Christmas off - and to the ladies like Kim who are labouring at this moment - our message of joy and peace and love rings through the world for you all - there are millions of children out there, let's hope that every one at least finds some cause to smile over the next few days.

Joyeux Noel
Nollaig Shona
Feliz Navidad

Sue and OH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member