Knitting

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
I only start knitting at the end of last year and I decided I was going to make a patchwork blanket for baby as my first knitting project, after a few months gap I got back into it about 2 months ago and my blanket is coming along nicely but slowly, hoping it will be finished for when baby arrives! Is anyone else knitting for their little one?
Heres a pic of where Im up to now, its 4 squares wide but ive not decided how many down im going to do yet x x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305365095.382194.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305365095.382194.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 12
That's lovely!! I started knitting a blanket too, about halfway with it now, but struggling as never really knit and its so complicated!!

Thanks hunny :) I know what you mean the amount of times ive got a few lines from completing a square and dropped a few stitches and undone it all, i think it would be nearly finished by now if i didnt do that!
You will have to post a pic of yours hunny x x

What a lovely blanket hon! I haven't actually attempted to knit since I was a little girl when my nanna taught me so I don't have the confidence to try anything really. Luckily my mum is pretty good and OH's nanna is an avid knitter so I am relying on them at the mo! :oooo: x x

How cute! I've been knitting a blanket on and off, it will take me the whole 9 months to finish it lol!

Thanks Bella and Sarah, i know what you mean about it taking the full 9 months was hoping about a month ago that i would of finished the blanket by the time i find out whether we are team pink or blue as i was going to try knitting something the appriopriate colour but been as though we hopefully find out in 4 days Ive got no chance! x x

You will just have to do another one in blue or pink as well!

Lol! Took me whole nine months last time as well! I'm using that new pompon wool it knits up really quickly and lovely and soft, I'll need to get a photo up to show you, I've just been lazy knitting it!

I never got as far as casting on :-(

I just couldn't get the knack! Your blanket is gorgeous M2A x

am currently working on an outfit for little one to wear home from hospital.

my next mini project is a hat. I'm currently working on a wrap-over cardi. love knitted bits, just wish I had legions of knitters, my mum's got her arm in plaster and can't grip a pen, let alone knitting needles.

It's my soothing relaxing time in the evenings

Thanks hunny :) I know what you mean the amount of times ive got a few lines from completing a square and dropped a few stitches and undone it all, i think it would be nearly finished by now if i didnt do that!
You will have to post a pic of yours hunny x x

I've attached a pic of my efforts, imagine it twice the size and ironed flat!! made a few mistakes on it but you cant tell unless you look really close!!!!

Attachments

• IMAG1755.jpg
    IMAG1755.jpg
    526.4 KB · Views: 2
M2A - You could awaysput a nice pink or blue trim or squares once you know which team you are. both baby blue and pink go with brown and white... you are doing amazing job...

I have a pink, boue and white blanket that my nanna gave me a very long time ago. She passed away a few years ago so having the blanket to take the baby home will help think she is close. :)

I am working on a cross stick as got into that about a year ago also... Have been too sick and sleepy to do anything for about two months but will get my motivation back as I will need to if I want to finish it before baby is born.

It is a forever friends teddy bear clock... Am nearly finished one teddy bear on the 12. Still have 3 more bears and 11 more hours and a boarder... Will get going again tonight.

16052011106.jpg

love the stitching, where did you get the pattern? have a friend who is itching to start stitching something for pickle, but as we're planning on staying team yellow, it'll have to be something quite gender neutral

I think I got this one from Hobby Craft.... It does have a fair amount of pink in it so if I feel adventurious I may add a bit of blue too as we are not planning on finding out... :)

Lovely knittings ladies, I've been craving to start kniting too (or cross stitching), just haven't got time to buy all I need yet.:)))
I've found very nice video's of baby crochet on youtube...There are so many nice ideas, like baby shoes, hats etc.:))) have a look at few of them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-KyPb38_Rs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bq98VoNwQI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBekaNANcqc&feature=related

P.S If you search for ''Crochet by Teresa'' You'll find easy to follow videos, she shows and explains how to do it.:)))
Hope you'll like it!

will take a look Graci.

I still have the knitting needles I got aged 14 from a charity shop, think they've worn down to the way my hands work now so can't bear to replace them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back