kidney fluid

K&A

Reaction score
hiya girls,

on my growth scan yesterday i was told little jack has fluid between his kidney but NOT TO WORRY so been me i typically worry.. Even though my mum was there and heard the consultant say the same thing that it was normal and it just was to alert doctors when jack is born and he'll have to have scan 6 weeks after to make sure his kidneys are working properly. Apparently its norm in little boys.

Has anyone had a boy and had this issue??

xx

ive not had a boy but am having a boy and have not heard anything like this sorry

but its a good thing they have picked it up even if they say dont worry about it!

im sure baby jack will be fine :) i would be the same tho, always worrying even when im told not too!

my best friends grandson was born a few mnths ago and his mum was told same thing and all is fine it usually rights itself x

my best friends grandson was born a few mnths ago and his mum was told same thing and all is fine it usually rights itself x

that's good to hear, puts my mind at ease. Thanks x

hey hun..i havent heard this...but will ask tomoro in my scan!! xx

Sounds like what my daughter had, they didn't see anything on rouine scans but picked up dilated renal pelvis on a scan when I was overdue which I had as they were concerned about lack of movement. Basically it is like reflux so fluid goes back up into the kidney or it doesn't drain as quickly so causing swelling visable on an ultrasound. My daughter was given antibiotics from the day she was born and I was told it wa usually more common in little boys and it usually rights itself by the time the are 2 years old, they were right. She had to to a low dose antibiotic until she got the all clear to prevent infection. She has never had a uti or kidney infection in her life! Totally fine and it has never bothered her or made her poorly. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back