kicking still not regular

michelles1985

Reaction score
I'm almost 26 weeks pregnant and I do feel my baby move but they are still not really defined kicks and my partner still cannot feel the kicks either when he places his hand on my stomach. Anyone else this far gone and experiencing the same thing?

Do you by any chance know if you have a anterior placenta? If you have it will drown out most of the feelings from kicks in your tummy. I have it and have been told not to expect huge kicks till maybe after 30 weeks

Im not sure how true this is as both my girls pregnancies i have posterior placenta so felt them both early and strong

Anterior here too :roll: and only just starting to feel defined movement. Hubby and little girl only felt it for the first time on Sunday morning :dance:

Check your notes and see if anything is written there about your placenta position :)

I've got anterior placenta too, but felt mine about 20 weeks ish, and I've been pummelled since..!

If you're concerned see midwife, that's what they're there for :) but yeah, checking on your notes for anterior placenta is probly a good bet.

I'm being kicked every day now but some days it's quieter than others - the midwife said that because it's still small it can turn around and kick the back where you can't feel it.

My OH can feel it but only when I'm lying down in bed.

I read somewhere that if you had a big belly before you were pregnant then it will take longer to feel it properly. This is because babies are closer to the wall of the belly and the nerves in ladies with flat belllies! hmm I guess I wont be feeling mine for AGES then.. :wall:

I had a big belly before but I don't think it's taken me any longer to feel the baby. I didn't start showing till 24 weeks but don;t think that that is abnormal either! :hug:

My placenta is posterior so it won't be that causing it. I remember reading it in my notes a few weeks ago. Suppose it's just a matter of waiting for my partner to feel it. As long as I can feel some movement I suppose there is no need to worry. I see my midwife again in 2 weeks so I'll talk to her about it then. Thanks for all your advice though :hug: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back