Kick Starting Labour

Gem212

Reaction score
Hi Girlies

Do any of you have any tips other than ones ive already tried to kick start my labour as ive had enough, i was diagnosed with poly-hydramnios at 26 weeks as ive measured 5-6 weeks bigger had extra scans etc and baby ok, but i feel like my bump is hanging on to my body by a thread as im soooooo low, and have the worst backache and SPD, i saw consultant last week and they said they would induce me this week and went on to examine me and although baby is engaged im not 'favorable' whatever that means and they feel an early induction would fail, but i had one at 39 weeks with my first son due to pre-eclampsia and only had 4 hour labour! Im sooooooo fed up i have painful braxton hicks every night and i keep thinking its the real thing, im supposed to be having a sweep on Wednesday but had one last week and all it did was give me period cramp for half an hour and bloody hurt at the time!! and then im booked to see consultant again at 41 weeks to discuss induction - i honeslty dont think i can go another 2 weeks - im soooooooooo down!!

Any advice would be very much appreciated - ive tried curry, raspberry leaf tabs, walking, sex and had a sweep, does anyone know if castor oil works (im tempted!!) x x x x

caster oil may work if your body is ready to give birth......it causes your bowls to contract and get dirrorhea, which in turn irritates your uterus and can bring on labour, everywhere i've read about it though says it wont unless your actually ready and favourable for labour.

A friend of mine took it and went into labour the next day though. she had a c-section planned, but they'd take her in sooner if she went into labour.
i'd be tempted, but if it worked quickly, i wouldnt want to be having the squits uncontrollable whilst giving birth....lol. There was a lot of contraversial articles saying that it may cause higher risk of the baby becoming distressed and having a bowl movement in the waters....but as far as i can find out, that idea has been thrown out of the window and said to have no relative evidence.

I always get MASSIVE BHs when i use my excersise ball...i just sit on that all the time when i would normally have been on a chair.

millylillyrose said:
caster oil may work if your body is ready to give birth......it causes your bowls to contract and get dirrorhea, which in turn irritates your uterus and can bring on labour, everywhere i've read about it though says it wont unless your actually ready and favourable for labour.
I think caster oil only works if your cervix is favourable unfortunately hun :( :hug:

There really isn't that long to go now at all. In fact, it could be any day now... I know it's a pain and probably more so for you so here's some hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

Nipple stimulation (you need to do a lot of it for it to have any effect though), erm... Pineapples are supposed to be good too... Hmmm... Have you got a bouncy ball? Might be worth having a good ol' bounce!!

These painful BH though hun, apparently (don't quote me on it though!) prepare the cervix for labour. So although your cervix might not have been "favourable" the other day, it could be now?! Only takes 12-24 hours for the cervix to become favourable, bear that in mind :hug: Sorry you're having a tough time of it though sweetie xx

I would stay away from castor oil unless you don't have any problems with having diarrhea while in labour. Like the others have said, it will only help labour if your cervix is favourable. I tried it and just ended up on the toilet in quite a bit of pain for a few hours. Curries as well, just gave me diarrhea and bad heartburn. I ate so much in the last 2 weeks, my insides were rotten. I couldn't stop farting! :oops:

While I was in labour I was speaking to the midwife about ways to bring labour on, she said that sex is definately the best one but NOT oral like some people reccommend... mostly men! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back