Ketones+++ help please!!

jue

Reaction score
Just been for midwife checkup. When she tested my urine, she was like.........ohhhhhhhh ketones were +3 and glucose was showing high too.

I had to have bloods, taken and have to wait til tomorrow for results and maybe have a GTT later on in the week.

Its the ketones I am scared about, just looked up on google and frightened myself with what I found.

Has anyone else had problems like this........also Theo is measuring big......and is breech.

Thanks for reading....

hi hun i had +4 and high blood pressure and protine when i was admitted to hospital, firs i had to do a 24 hour urine collection and then i was induced at 35+5 Hannah was large at birth too, but i know people that have done th 24 hour collection and the keytones have come down, hope results come bk ok :hug:

Thanks for the speedy reply :hug:

My bp and protein were fine, I did eat quite a bit of choccy yesterday, so maybe that has something to do with the ketones being high??

Hi Jue,

First of all don't panic - ketones present in urine can be a one-off thing if you haven't eaten too much the morning of the urine test. I had ketones at my 28-week check yup (very high) and my midwife told me that it's because my baby is big, she's leeching all my blood suagr and nutrients, so basically MY body is starving and having to convert its reserves of fat to sugar for me. She told me the best thing I could do was to eat more, particularly carb-rich, food and rest whenever possible. My last test was clear after I followed this advice.

The sugar in tandem of course is a bit of a worry but there is no point in getting stressed until you've had your GTT test and seen if there's a problem.

Fingers crossed for you :hug:

Thanks for the quick reply Rebecca :hug: I thought I had read a post from you about high ketone levels.

I am relaxing with my feet up at the mo, calming myself down, like you say no point in worrying till I get definate results.

Happy to hear your results came back good after your last test :hug:

I had high ketones when I was in hosptial with hyperemesis. but everything has been fine since.

I'm sure it will be ok!

Thanks Bee, I am glad things were ok for you after the hyperemesis :hug:

my last appointment last monday had ketones and glucose, with regards to the ketones she asked if i was eating ok - which I am - and the glucose i have had every time and had extra bloods but they came back fine (plus that was something i had with both my girls and they came out a normal weight)

so she wasn't concerned - but she was a different midwife so i will double check the ketones with my normal midwife next week.

I'm sure you be fine though :hug:

Sophie, I would check with your m/w next week. Let us know how you get on :hug:

I had high Ketones too and the midwife said that It could be due to dehydration and to drink more water. When I had my next check the levels had dropped and so maybe try drinking more water.

I always seem to have ketones, generally because I don't eat regularly enough and have gestational diabetes. My midwife and diabetic nurse aren't worried and on the plus side you're burning fat. Try not to worry!!

Thanks for your replies ladies, I feel much calmer now :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back