Just had my growth scan...

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
Ryan is already 7lb 1oz! :shock: I've got alot of fluid too (midwife has told me loads of times that Im all baby :roll: )

I was told after my scan to sit and wait cos I would need to see the consultant because of the baby being big. We went to the waiting room only to be told there were no consultants in as they'd all gone home. It was 11 o clock :shock:

So now I have to wait til 2 weeks time to see him and by that time asking for early induction will be pretty pointless cos I'll be nearly due anyway.

I've also been told that I could possibly ask for a c section cos my last labour was absolutely horrible and with this baby being big it'll be easier for me. I cant ask about that til 2 weeks time either though :x

Wow what a whopper hes guna be then! Good luck with it, at least yuo have not got much longer! :D

:hug: BIG hugs kirsty, sorry you're feeling down after your appt, I do hope you get the birth you want, can you make an appt to see your MW or GP to talk about your concerns? :hug:

gosh Dylan was only 1 oz heavier than that born...I would ask for them to bring your appointment forward if there are things you want to ask for...maybne m/w could help arrange it

I owuld speak to your m/w as that doeant sound right to me, surely they could of got your dates wrong?

Why don't you try to get an earlier appt if you are worried. Seems silly to wait till you are term before discussing early induction or CS. :think:

Could be that the baby is having a big growth spurt though. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll keep growing at the same rate from now on.

:hug:

Heya!

At lleast they have acknowledged that your baby is big and you will get to a consultant.

My scan at 36 weeks showed he was 7lb 10oz already and measuring 40 weeks and they are just going to leave it and 'see what happens'!!

I wouldn't mind even if i'd been told they wont let me go past my due date on the 13th but they really don't seem to care!

I'd make a fuss and try and get an earlier apt if i were you, if they have already realise there may be a prob due to size you should try nag them.

:hug: :hug:

Lau
xx

No my dates are definitely right, he's just a big baby...it does happen :) It just means Im in agony and my SPD is getting absolutely unbearable.

I asked to see the consultant ASAP but they said the earliest appointment they have is 2 weeks when I'll be 38+3. I cant see him next week cos its bank holiday. Surely they dont just work Mondays?! :think: She said she'll leave him a note and if he wants to see me sooner he'll be in touch...yeah right, he's not bothered :roll:

Im seeing the midwife on Friday so I'll mention it and see if she can pull a few strings but she's not much use at all to be honest and she'll probably just tell me to wait for the 2 weeks.

Hi

I hope it all works out for you hun i know they can be such a pain in the butt at times.
Good luck with everything
Katrina

ah man sorry hun...

i wish i knew how big she was..

his a big en... his lovin bein in my mummy i tell... you that, i hope they can help you :hug:

not long now as every one say's :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back