• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just got back from midwife....

Dippy

Reaction score
and baby is still only 1/5 engaged (same as last week). I don't think she has any intention of coming naturally!! I have been given a term +10 appointment for next Thursday to discuss being induced, and I know this is a long way off at the moment, but I feel so down at the thought of not going into labour myself - I would like a water birth with as little pain relief as poss (perhaps being naive) whereas midwife has more or less said if I get induced I will be screaming for an epidural. Any advice girls? I am so glad that all is well with baby and of course I will do whatever it takes to make sure she is safe and well but wallowing a bit today and feeling sorry for myself!!

Glad everythings is ok with LO.

Next Thursday isn't too far away hun, keep your chin up :hug:

Aww Dippy. :hug: If LO is too comfie in there, there's not alot you can do. :roll: :hug:

Just the same advise as usual - curry, sex, long walk, pineapple. Don't get too downhearted if you can't have your perfect birth. However she arrives, you'll still be cuddling her soon. :hug:

Hun don't worry about how engaged the baby is my sister in law's baby wasn't engaged at all until she went into labour. :hug:

Strangeness said:
Hun don't worry about how engaged the baby is my sister in law's baby wasn't engaged at all until she went into labour. :hug:

Yes I have heard this too! Dont give up yet Dippy :hug:

Awww, it's because she is so comfy in there and the weather is so cold! Think positive, you never know! :hug:

Dippy said:
and baby is still only 1/5 engaged (same as last week). I don't think she has any intention of coming naturally!

Like Nikki said hun, you never know. I bet shes waiting for your house to be messy and the shopping needing to be done, before she decides to make an appearance. :lol:

Think happy thoughts hun, I have every faith you'll get your water birth :hug: xx

I was induced and I didn't have an epidural. The pain wasn't too bad at all for me once I had a shot of diamorphine. That lasted me until the last few hours of labour when I was also allowed to use gas and air which I loved.

Try and keep an open mind with regards to your birth so that you're not too disappointed if things don't go the way you hoped.

hope she starts makin her appearance for u soon hun!!! :pray: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back