Just come off the pill....

BroodyBean

Reaction score
Hello everyone! This is my 1st post on the pregnancy forum so i'm sorry if you've had this one before but here goes....

...I'm recently married and we've just decided ttc, i've been on the pill for about 13 years now and finished my last pack around the 15th of Nov. I have no idea what my cycles are like naturally so I'll just have to wait & count etc. Since i finished taking the pill i had job worries so for the last few weeks we have used the 'pull out method', i am still waiting for AF but what i was wondering was if coming off the pill messes you up a bit for a while until you can get to normal? Does that make sense? Just wanted to see if others had the same kind of thing.....sorry for the reeeeally long post!!! :D
Looking forward to your thoughts etc xx

hi :wave: welcome!!
to be honest everyone is different!! some people get back to normal quickly - others like me take a while!!! i was on the pill for 10 yrs and came off in june. my first cycle lasted 102 days my 2nd 41 days and my 3rd 37 days so i'm getting back to normal now 7 months on. the average seems to be 6-12 months.
Hopefully you will soon be back to normal but if u do not get af (period) after 3 months- but negative pregnancy tests (bfn's) go to see your gp. I had blood tests after 3 months which didn't show up any problems so i just had to be patient!!!
which pill were u on? some seem to affect cycles more than others. i was on dianette which seems to mess up cycles more than others due to a high eostrogen level.
Good luck and hope u get a bfp soon!
xx

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

I had the implanon implant for 3 years and it took me months and months to get my cycles back to normal after having it taken out over a year ago.
As Puds says, everyone's different so hopefully you'll get back to normal relatively quickly. It might be worth getting yourself some ovulation kits and when your next period starts you can figure out when you'll ovulate in your cycle. I found them so helpful in figuring out my cycles.

Good luck and I hope you get your BFP soon :hug:

Thank you so much for your replies, i'm glad it seems a pretty normal and common thing!
I was on Microgynon (think thats spelt right) so not sure what thats like cycle messing wise! :)
I'm gunna get some of those Ov kits & wait and see what happens.....watch this space!!

Just incase i dont post again, Merry Chrsitmas to everyone on here xxx

Hi and welcome to the forums.........Unfortunately everyone is different, and it can depend on so many different factors. I was on the pill for 18 years non stop, and am now 34 years old (DH is 41) - when I came off the pill I was expecting it to take at least 6 months to a year to fall pregnant - however 2nd cycle, just 6 weeks off the pill I got my BFP :D

I have a close friend who is also pregnant, but a few years younger than me, and was only on the pill for a few months - it took her just over 7 months to conceive.

Then I have another close friend who is my age - who has been trying for 2 years and has still not got her BFP :(

All I can suggest is watch your body closely in the first month or 2.......try and see how long your cycle lengths are etc, and get to know your own body again!

Lots of luck TTC.

Me again!

Thank you all for your replies, its almost comforting to know when things are happening you are normal....ish! :)
I finally welcomed AF on boxing day so had a 40 day cycle....which i was expecting anything inparticular with it being my 1st month pill free but glad i didnt have to wait too long! :D
So now i am counting days & watching out of CM and all that, so if you count form the 1st day of your last AF i am about day 11 today, used an OV stick (ebay jobbie) this morning & -ive so will keep testing until i hopefully get a nice strong line....
Its so easy to let ttc be all you think about isnt it....xx

Good luck TTC broodybean, hope you get BFP v.soon :)

i had been on the pill for 8yrs stopped in september when i had used 3/4 of a pack, took 22 days for af and have been regular since so i was a lucky one.

hope you are to :hug:

Hi hon. :) I was also on Microgynon and it REALLY screwed me up, but I also have PCOS so I'm probably not a good example. Hope things go well for you in your 'recovery phase' :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back