• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jacob Louie - 14th Feb 2008 - with pics!

Full of hope!

Reaction score
Hello everyone :D

Well I can't believe i'm telling you my birth story at last :cheer:

Jacob Louie arrived into the world on St Valentines days at 12.28pm weighing 8lb 15oz. He was 8 days overdue but once he decided it was time, he didn't take long to arrive at all!

I woke up at 6am with backache and some period pains. I went to the toilet then the pains seemed to be coming in waves. I wondered if it was the start of labour but then thought it probably wasn't. I couldn't get back to sleep so I read a magazine and wrote out hubby's valentine card :lol:

By about 7.15am the pains were getting stronger and coming more regularly. I went to wake hubby up (he was asleep on the sofa) and told him about the pains. He told me to ring the hospital to see what they said and he rang work to say he wouldn't be in. The hospital advised that I have a warm bath and two paracetamol and if it wasn't 'real labour' the pains should settle. So after I had made us some toast.... I did what they advised and while in the bath I realised the pains were contractions as I had to breathe through them and they were coming every 5 minutes :shock: I rang the hospital and they told me to go straight down. Just before I left the house I had my show!

We arrived at the delivery suite at around 9.30am and my contractions were 3 minutes apart and they really hurt! The MW asked about my birth plan and I told her I wanted to try going in the pool and using the gas and air. She said I could go in the pool once I was 5cm dilated but when she examined me I was 6cm :cheer: I couldn't believe it!!!

As soon as I got into the pool I got a really strong urge to push! Things were happening so fast, it was like an out of body experience... my body was doing something I had no control over. The MW examined me again and I wasn't fully dilated so she advised I get out of the pool and have some Diamorphine to take the pushing urge away. My waters broke just as I was getting out of the pool and by the time I got dry, back into the first room I was in and had my injection I was fully dilated :shock:

So at 11.30am I started pushing. It the most amazing feeling, you can't stop the urge at all! The MW noticed that I was starting to tear so I opted to be cut and after an hour of pushing Jacob was out :cheer: It was wonderful finally having my baby in my arms and such a relief that he had arrived safely!

I had a wonderful labour and birth experience and I feel very lucky. I was so scared of the whole thing but it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. For starters... the contractions were so much more painful than the pushing him out!

Good luck to everyone who is expecting, go with what your body tells you and remember that your baby is on his or her way! :wink:

Jacob Louie
100_0382.jpg

100_0376.jpg

Congratulations Michelle! Jacob is a cutie! He was definitely worth the wait - he's gorgeous.

Hope you are settling in back at home and enjoying being a new mum.

Congratulations!! :cheer: I agree great choice of name !!!! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back