• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jabs

inky

Reaction score
Cahal is scheduled to have his first lot of injections tomorrow and I'm worried about him being in pain and how he will feel afterwards, how has everyones LO got on with them? Didyou worry too?

Ahh I hope all goes well! I have no experience in this front so haven't got any answers, I hope he doesn't find it too painful and is ok! I'm sure with his mummy there he will be fine. Xx

Liv had her 3rd lot on Tuesday. She never seems poorly but gets a temperature a few hours after so I give her calpol and she's fine. She has proper bruised legs though my poor little angel x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, he had them this morning and he screamed like I've never heard him scream before :( he wasn't upset for long tho and after a good cuddle was fine

one thing I really wasn't happy about was how the health visitors were with us. I've been Reading a lot about vaccinations over the last few days and was in two minds about them. I had a question about what they use as a preservative in the vaccine because I've read that some manufacturers use a form of mercury, which although "safe" is what some doctors have said can cause problems. I asked to look at the vials to check the ingredients before agreeing to sign the consent form and was made to feel like a pedantic overly cautious waste of time and space. The HV huffed, puffed, made it very clear that I was being a real inconvenience and generally seemed to avoid my questions.

At the end of the day I may have been a nuisance in her eyes, but she was about to inject my baby with unknown chemicals - was it too much to want to know what they were?! The whole thing has left a very bad taste in my mouth and I'm just pleased it wasn't my usual HV.

Also I was lead to believe that Cahal would be examined to make sure it was ok for him to have the vaccine but they didn't even ask me if he was well. Is this normal? I told them he had a cold (which he does) but she didn't seem to care and made me feel pathetic again for even bringing it up. Grrrr to health visitors and vaccines!!

gosh i just caught up with this thread, sorry you were treated so badly, thats rubbish of them!! :hug:

I mentioned my LO had a cold and we saw the doc and had his temperature taken, they said as long as he doesnt already have a fever he's fine. they shouldve reassured you though, I really wonder why some people go into healthcare at all :roll:

Paige has her first lot next week. Im dreading it :( Im going to get some calpol in, just in case.

yeah definately get some calpol and make sure youre not alone with the LO for the rest of the day. Morgan got a fever and was screaming in pain for hours and I was alone :cry: He was fine once we got some calpol into him. Im booking my mum to come and stay next time!

Paige had a cold when she was due to have her first lot last time and I just didnt think she needed the stress of it as Ive heard it can give them a fever. Luckily as I live with my parents at the moment theyre always on hand for such occasions :) Im hoping as she's a teeny bit older it won't be as traumatic...buuuuuut probably not lol. I hate that they have no idea why theyre being stabbed with a needle :(

i found it got worse, the first and second were fine but the 3rd lot were horrid, he had to have 3 injections bless him and screamed till his face went blue! :( i got given a prescription for some child paracetemol after the first lot of jabs i didn't ask for it either. You girls should get them to write you a prescription for some to as its free! :) xxx

I hated livs and my mum had to hold her but I'd rather he have them done. She proper screamed the first time even the doctor was amazed at how loud she was but the other 2 she screamed for 2 seconds and was then back to blowing raspberries lol x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Lauren, that sounds awful!!

I wouldn't have minded taking him if the health visitors weren't so rude, but you'd think that if a mum is quite clearly in two minds about the whole thing, then bullying them into hurrying up and getting on with it wouldn't come into it. Sure they have a job to do, but so do I - to do what's right for my boy!! Still fuming about the whole thing to be honest.....grrrrrrrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back