I've been thinking and....

Applecider

Reaction score
It's about 2 things! The first one is the pain I'm getting in my belly is quite mild but when I let out air (to put nicely!!!) it feels much better or if I go to toilet. Sorry for TMI so I'm thinking that it may be trapped wind! Can pregnancy do this?? When I was little I used to get bad pain from it!

Also yano the early scan? When can u request to have this done!? At the earliest? I would like one as early as poss :)

Hope u are all feeling good today! Xx

Yep - trapped wind can be a pain in pregnancy... ouch!

I'm not sure whether you can request an early scan through your GP - I wasn't able to on the NHS, which was a shame. However, there are lots of companies that offer you private scans - they can be quite expensive (ranging from £75 - £150), but certainly help to put your mind at rest. The Guy who did mine offered an early scan from between 6 - 10 weeks. I went at 8+6 weeks and it really did help me to relax a little - seeing and hearing the heartbeat was magical! :) Depending on how early you go, they may have to do the scan transvaginally, but I believe after 8 (ish) weeks ultrasound is possible.

Good luck!

Ye i get trapped wind too it can be quite painful

Usually the NHS will only give you an early scan if you have bleeding or a previous loss for reassurance but you might get lucky, its worth asking your GP. and as others say you could always go private.

Oh and think they can do the early scan anytime after 7 weeks.

xx

Last edited:
the earliest that you can go to see a heartbeat is at 6 w, for a internal one, you may need to be around 7 weeks for the other one. Also there is a chance to see a hb at the end of 5 w with an internal one but it dosent always happen. earlier than that the doctor can only confirm the pregnancy and from the end of 4 w can see if the gestational sac is in uterus or not.

I went to the docs n she didnt test me just booked me in with the midwife!! I'm gonna do another clearblue and hoping it will say 3+ weeks, hoping it will week tomorrow? I was 2-3 weeks on Saturday and last ovulated 8th July! So next Friday it will have been 28 days since I ov'd! Will it show 3 plus then!?

How can the doc test at 4 weeks! Thanks so much for help! Xx

Luckily I haven't suffered with wind through any of mine. But my friend did and she said the pain at times was unbearable. Talk to your gp, I'm sure theres something they can give you to help.

As for an early scan, generally you only get them if there is something to be concerned about, ie bleeding, clots, previouse problems, dating for termination etc. But still worth asking, after all the worst they can say is no!!

Like others have said the other option is a private scan. I have never had one so don't know how any of that works. But I had my first scan and was dated 7+3 and the heartbeat was very clear and strong.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Hugs x

I went to the docs n she didnt test me just booked me in with the midwife!! I'm gonna do another clearblue and hoping it will say 3+ weeks, hoping it will week tomorrow? I was 2-3 weeks on Saturday and last ovulated 8th July! So next Friday it will have been 28 days since I ov'd! Will it show 3 plus then!?

How can the doc test at 4 weeks! Thanks so much for help! Xx

We used the clearblue test and it said 2-3 weeks. Total rubbish!! From the scan I had it was 3 weeks out!!! So I wouldn't go too much on what that says! x

They dont normally test you at docs hun, just take your word, i dont rate the conception indicator too much, i got 3+ when i was 4 weeks 3days and i know when i OV'd too, so wouldnt bother too much about it hun

Just try relax everything will be fine. x x x x

Last edited:
Pregnancy can make you bloated so it is probably trapped wind you have. I have nasty belching (had this before too) and gastric issues at the minute.

If you go for a scan I'd leave it as long as you can because it can cause more worry than reassurance if they can't see much and you have to wait 2 weeks and go back. I don't think they will let you have one routinely on the NHS as you only get them if you have had bleeding/suspected ectopic I think, no harm in asking though I guess, shy bairns get nowt as my nan would say :D

Hey hun

Yeah trapped wind and constipation are all a great symptom of the chang in hormones lol pregnancy is sooo glamorous!!! lol

With the scan, you normally have one at 12 weeks, and like said before it's only normally when you've had a previous loss or there are complications that you get offered an early one!

Re clearblue conception indicator : for you to have got 2-3 weeks means 2-3 weeks since conception sooo 4-5 weeks pregnant so if you did one mid - late next week it should show 3+ which would mean 5+ weeks...unfortunately thats the highest itt goes...if you did that test at 8 weeks it would still only show 3+

:) xx

Hey

I had the same probelm aswell and for some reason always in the middle of the night! For a few weeks I spent about an hour each night on the toilet- it was a nightmare!

The doctor didnt test me either I went there thinking that was what you had to do and that they would do something to confirm the pregnancy but all he did was book me in with the midwife and then when you go to the midwife they dont really confirm anything either so for me it didnt really seem real until the scan as that was the first 100% confirmation! I was exactly like you and wanted to have an early scan but was talked out of it and i'm really glad I did the picture at 12 weeks is so clear its amazing to see and defo worth the wait!

Hope everything goes well for you :)

I've booked a scan for when I'm 9 Weeks pregnant but I might try to postpone it untill I'm 12 Weeks. I kind of relax more and more as time passes by. I'm sure you will as well!

Lots of luck!

xx

Unfortunatly with the NHS, it depends on where you live as to how many scans you get. I am a NHS pen pusher so see these things.

For my trust, you only get early scans if there is cause for concern and as standard get a dating scan, 12 week scan and then 20 weeks scan.
x

So glad someone else is suffering painful wind ( i mean that in the nicest possible way).

sometimes mine is so bad im double over - was really scary at first - but im kinda used to it now.

xxx

I went to the doctors last night and got four huge bottles of gavison! Thinkin bout just putting a straw in it!!

Awh thanks so much I'm sorry u are getting it too it's nice to know ur not on ur own!! I'll let the doc know! I'm sure if I feel ok the baby is ok :)

Positive thinking!! Besides I'm pregnant.... I'm just goin to enjoy it now! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back