its a beautiful world

glitzyglamgirl

Reaction score
theres a lot of sadness around lately, what with poor little Maddy and other stuff going on, and thats hardly surprising as it has touched as all in some way, but I just wanted to balance it out a little.

Ive been amazed at the response to this case, the amount of emails etc going around to help her cause, the discussions, the messages of support, and its times like this I realise that yes - there is a lot of cruelty and sadness in the world, but there is also a lot of beauty, compassion, empathy and kindness. The human capacity for love never ceases to amaze me.

We are bombarded daily with images and stories of violence, greed, turmoil and suffering, so its easy to believe that we live in a world dominated by it, but there is a lot of beauty to be found here too. In our friends and family, in the actions we take to better the lives of others, in the art, music and literature of the world, in the miracle of new life and the simple joys of living, in making new connections with people and places every day, and in the simple pleasures we take from the smallest things.

I believe that we shape the world by our thoughts, not just our actions, and by our intentions.

So maybe if we all think about what we love about this world we might make a tiny bit of difference, but enough of a difference.

Hope thats not too fluffy lol, im just a hopeless romantic and an eternal optimist :oops:

I was thinking along these lines earlier. It's so nice that when something like this happens, we all club together. I expect its very comforting for her parents.

i was thinking this too. so many people have rallyed round ,tried to help, offered support and just desperately want her home. nice to know theres some good left in the world. :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back