Itchy !

HannahBubble7

Reaction score
did any of you ladies get stitches ? If so did you get itchy ?! I am so itchy !! I went to the chemist to get thrush Cream yesterday as I thought I had it because of all the maternity pads I have been wearing . The lady advised me to go get checked for an infection in my stitches . So I got an emergency appointment . She looked and said no thrush or infection and it was just my stitches healing . I am finding it hard to Beleive I am so uncomfy :( Thanks in advance ! xxx Lylah 02/03/12

I have been itchy on and off - but not really bad. If it is really itchy and continuous, then I would say go back to GP for a second opinion - don't think it should be really itchy. Have you tried running water over stitches to help relieve the itchiness? Xx

It's pretty much continuous ! It's stopping me from sleeping :( which is making having a new baby even harder . I'm going back today, I think she was wrong . I feel like I have tried everything . I had 4 baths yesterday aswell . All my stitches were inside but I could feel the last one and where the knot is , there's about 1cm of extra thread (that feels like fishing wire) and I think that may possibly be sticking out and irritating me. This is worse than getting the jag for them ! I hate being itchy . Thank you xxxx

Mine were itchy with my eldest daughter but mine were infected :(

get a second opinion if your not happy, its hard enough resting with a newborn without that keeping you awake xx

Thanks for the advice ladies . I went back today and they said they weren't infected and no thrush . So it must just be them healing . He said itching comes with the healing :( hope I don't have to suffer much longer xxxxx

Mine were very itchy and I had no infection...its most definatly stitches healing hun. Xx

No matter where you have stitches they tend to itch when they heal. I know its easier said than done with a new born but a bath helped me.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Salt baths eased my stitches loads - I'm pretty sure the itching didn't last too long though I seem to remember thy itched most when the stitches were coming away xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back