• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is this teething?

AliCat

Reaction score
Yesterday and today Isla has been constantly sucking and chewing on her fists. She has been using her soother too and cries straight away if it falls out or if I take it out. She's really irritable too today altho she slept pretty well last night. I'm wondering if she's teething? But at only 10 weeks old, it's way too early!?!
I've taken her temp which is normal, so I don't think she is ill or anything.
She has had a busy week/weekend last week as we took her back to the Midlands to visit families and she was being cuddled and passed around people. No-one we were in contact with was ill, so she can't have caught anything......? Also we had a long drive yesterday back to Manchester and maybe she is overtired from all the families and travelling?
Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks! x

Ryan started the fist chewing and near constant drooling at 9/10 weeks too. He's fine some days but others he's niggly, chews on the bottle instead of feeding, has flushed cheeks and his tops are soaking from the amount of dribbling he's done! I think it must be his teeth bothering him a bit already but not sure, touch wood he's still sleeping ok. I bought some teething gel yesterday to use if he does start to get more annoyed by it, says on the tube for use from 2 months so I guess it must be quite common for them to start this young.
Hope Isla feels a bit better soon!
x

Bethan is chewing her fists and the bottles all the time and has red cheeks she's not ill so can't be that she does have something white like a little lump on her gum doesn't really look like a tooth yet though

It so funny I was going to type something similar the other day!! :lol:
I noticed Lola had red cheeks! No temp but red cheeks! Later her stuffing her fist in her mouth, BITING her dummy instead of sucking, dribbling and grumpy bum!
I was sure it was too young lol as none of my others began teething till at least 4 months! :think: lol
So if it is, it will probably be months before she gets a peggy and months of soaking clothes hahaha :lol:

Anjali started chewing her fists after a couple of months, but didnt get her first tooth until last week (9 1/2 months!)

gymbabeliz said:
Anjali started chewing her fists after a couple of months, but didnt get her first tooth until last week (9 1/2 months!)
Same as my first! He was about 4 months when he started teething but 10 months before he got a tooth! lol

Molly is the same and her gums feel awful. Her top, front gum feels like the teeth are almost there, it's scary!

HV and MIL reckon it's too soon but she does all the same stuff as my 4 month old neice who's teething. I don't expect her to sprout any teeth any time soon but I think she can feel movement in her gums.

Well i got an email from pampers (or babycentre?? Cant remember lol) and it said she may start teething around now though not get her pegs just yet so its normal at this age apparently!! :D

Awww thanks girls for the advice. She seems better today but still a bit grizzly. I've got teething rings at the ready in case she gets really bad with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back