• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it worth it?

GoldenDragon

Reaction score
Ok, so me and my OH are discussing whether to have a private scan at 16 weeks to find out LD's gender. Will it be worth it? And will the gender be visible if bubs "behaves"? Also, do you get pictures with them, or is it just the scan? I know there's a lot of questions lol, any reply is appreciated :) xx

Yes it's possible to see gender but only if baby is behaving like you say lol Also yes you would get pictures but they are normally somewhere around £5 each depending on hospitals. Personally i am waiting till 20 weeks as i would be gutted if i paid all that money for an early scan and the baby did not behave lol

To be honest, I would wait until the 20 week scan. Like dollface said, I would be disappointed to pay lots of money and not find out the gender.....x

If you go to the right place they re-book with no extra cost if you dont see babys gender i have a scan booked for 16 weeks with baby bond and you even get a 4d freeview and it tells you on the website what comes with the scan, i'm paying 79 for mine i just couldnt wait til 20 weeks, im so impatient lol xx

Thanks girls. I've been researching a morning and apparently you can find out at like 14 weeks? I'd have thought it would be too early, I'm quite confused now. Damn you Google!

Lol I hate google since becoming preg! If u have the money then why not :) I think ill just wait til 20w scan cos I couldn't afford to pay for an earlier 1 xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

DH and I had this conversation too.

We decided not to. It would have cost £80, and we decided that spending £80 to find out something we'd find out in a few weeks anyway was a bit of a waste.
So we're waiting until our scan, then taking the £80 we saved and buying a bundle of either pink or blue :) xx

Ive got a gender scan booked for thursday, will be 16 and a half weeks.
Im going with "my ulta baby" and they said they would re-book if LO isn't being co-opperative free of charge.

NHS don't tell us the sex at the hospital i'm at so deffo worth it for us.

:) xx

I badly wanted to book a private scan to find out gender at around 16 weeks rather than waiting to my 20 week scan but I decided to be patient and save wasting £80. However, come my 20 week scan the baby wouldn't cooperate and we couldn't be given a straight answer about baby's sex so we booked the private scan with Babybond for the same week and found out we are having a little girl! Babybond are good, they will try their hardest to get an answer for you but if for any reason the baby isn't in the right position they will arrange another appointment. If you can be patient and wait until 20 week scan then it's probably better to save your money but if you have the money spare I would say go for it. x

My OHs parents are offering to pay for it, as they both really want to know, so maybe I'll go for it :) will do my research about re-bookable appointments first though :) thanks ladies xx

Aww I cnt wait to know what mine is, don't know how ill wait another 6 weeks lol xxxx

Awwwwww hun :') we've decided to book it :'D OH's mum is phoning clinics and stuff now lol :L ohh, and there's now a bump pic in my journal too :D xxxx

Last edited:
I'm getting one, I cant wait another second longer than I have to! x

i found out im having a boy on my 20 week scan but if there couldnt tell would have paided for anyother scan dooing it that way saves you money if there cant tell ya lol

I personally don't think a few weeks wait is worth it but if you desparetly want to know and have the cash, better still someone else will pay then go for it!!

I paid £75 for an early scan because I worked myself up into a frenzy about baby even being there so do understand the need to just KNOW!!! xxx

I knew at 14 weeks as I had chromosone screening tests. I was warned about private scans at 16 weeks because they're not always accurate where ladies were told one sex and it turned out to be the opposite, a very expensive mistake :( x

I had a 16 week NHS scan (as it was twins) and the lady showed me two fully formed willys. If its a girl, they look for three lines??? But if they get a good view it's not too hard at 16 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back