Is it safe to go into a dayspa lagoon at 37-39°C???

clucky77

Reaction score
Am heading to some natural hot springs over easter and was jsut wondering if it's safe to stay ina dn for how long?

I have just looked up the temp's and apparently it's t 37-39°C

A book of mine says not to let your body temp stay high for too long, but not too sure

Anyone know?

Thanks

Oooh lovely! You should be fine hun - they don't recommend steam rooms when you are pregnant but 37 - 39 is about bath water temperature isn't it ? I hope you have a lovely relaxing time xxx and now i want to go to Thermaespa in Bath :lol: MUMMMM!!!!!!!!!!! we not been for a while think i might ave to suggest it :lol:

Bath temps are around that but thats only short term. Staying in a hot spring for longer might be something to check up about first. I'm sure your MW can tell you what is safe and for how long.

Prolonged exposure can raise your body temp and that is where the potential problems lie for LO then.

you should be fine in that temp. To be honest though, I find I get really sickly when I get hot just in the shower so there's no way I could sit in a bath for very long so you might find that you can't stay in there for too long anyway

Just been doing some resaerch and they suggest NOT to go in a hot tub / springs if you body temp will raise above 37.5 degrees... given the springs are 37-39, I am sure my body temp would follow??? It is apparently different to a bath as you are totally immersed and you spend longer in there. They said first Tri is most risky and can > MC

Oh damn! I don't think I'll risk it.

Most Spas won't let you in if they know you are pregnant, high water temps can be risky. If you really want to go in the water, don't stay in for more than a few minutes.

What you are asking for is medical advice rather than personal opinion so you really should ask a medical professional - your midwife or GP.

Let us know what they say - I hope they say you can as it sounds amazing :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back