Is it or isn't it?!

laracomps

Reaction score
Been having really bad contractions since approx 5.30 this morning.

I'd say they are getting worse, and lasting slightly longer. But still seem to be a bit irregular. I haven't started timing properly yet as I don't want to get frustrated lol.

I am having to breathe through them, and can't move when I have one. Some only seem to last 20-30 seconds, others double that. The pain is in my lower tummy, and i think my back, but also in my bits - feels a bit like i'm splitting apart. Moving seems to bring them on.

I'm SO confused. Either way, at least something is happening i guess.

Just wish I knew what!

Have you had a show or anything hun? Sounds very, very promising :hug: :D

No show. I am beginning to think I might not get one at all.

Just attempting to have something to eat and drink, then will try timing them. I know walking is supposed to help bring them on, but I'd feel like a right wally walking down the street having to stop and breathe.

Sounds good Lara maybe you could try a bath or a walk try and get them regular. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

have you tried having a bath? it'll either stop everything or be all systems go :lol:

Sorry you are in pain but really hope this is it for you! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Have had a bath, and shower lol. shower was better. Had a massive one getting out the bath.

Think I might have to try the walk...

Will keep you updated, don't have a text buddy. If anyone wants the job, i'll pm you my number :)

hi
if you still dont have a text buddy i would like to offer myself!
and good luck hope this is finally it! :hug:

just walking around the house can help - keeping active rather than sitting down - all sounds promising - good luck :):)

going down the stairs on your bump is 'parrantly good....

:rotfl:

Well, I am still at home.

Contractions have gotten a lot stronger - but still seem to be irregular. They are coming on average every 7 minutes, but ranges from 5 - 10.

Hopsital said to try and stay at home as long as I can until they are every 5 mins. Which they were for at least an hour earlier, then they decided to stop. :wall:

A little walk brought them back on. Had a bath, but had to get out as felt like I was gonna pop the baby out there and then! The pain down below is so intense with the contractions now.

Starting to struggle with the pain. DH is making me a sandwich, gonna try and eat that while I can, and going to try the tens machine out.

If this isn't it, I will eat my birthing ball - I think it would be more comfortable.

YAY!!!! It sounds like your Lo will be here soon!! Good luck hunnie!! Keep us posted. :D :D :D

how's it going Lara?? - no new posts looks promising - hope things are heating up for you - good luck :)

Had a text from Lara but waited in case she wanted to update herself.

She said that the contractions were really quite bad now and that she'd had a little bit of blood too. She was going to phone the hospital again.

I'll update as soon as I hear anything else but it DEFINITELY sounds like she'll be holding her baby soon :cheer:

Best of luck Lara :hug:

Sounds promising to me :D

Don't worry, you will know when you are in labour - believe me, there really is no doubting it! I remember this being a really special time for me - I relaxed, moved around, did what I wanted to really. And, as you haven't had your show, I hear a little amourous activity with your fella may get things moving (that is, if you feel like it!) :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back