Is it ok to take Sudafed?

heles7

Reaction score
I've been all blocked up for over two weeks now and its really pissing me off and is making me retch and even be sick. Am I safe to take some sudafed to try and clear it?

im not sure to be honest, does it say anything on the box?

the usual: if you are pregnant or breast feeding, consult the doctor.

only its after 7pm, dr will be having is tea and im so cheesed off with it...

Best to go to the doctors hun... Its probably not a prescribed med for pregnant women, but in your situation, he might decide to give it to you...

no, its not, the only thing that has been declared 'safe' is paracetemol.. i had problems too and asked my gp about a nasal spray and was told no.

not much use i'm afraid sorry... although i found using loads of pillows at night so i was propped up helped me sleep

can u not take 2 paracetamol instead? and hold ur head over steaming hot water to try and clear ur sinuses?

I don't think so. Not cos it will definately hurt the baby but there will not have been enough tests done on it to be sure either way. I've seen a lot of the girls on here talking about not being able to take anything for their colds.

Vicks or olbas oil in hot water and breathe the steam...should be good

:hug:

I used nasal spray with all three pregnancies. I had a really bad case of rhinitis and used Vicks or Otrivine drops, with my doctors blessing. The only thing to watch for is that if you use too much it can actually make the problem worse. Obviously you need to check with your doctor first. If he thinks you really need it, he'll advise what you can take.

There are some tablets available, but again, you have to consult your doctor and use in moderation.

You could also try a saline nasal spray, although I never found them much use.

Hope you feel better soon.

Asked the same question when preg before and no you cant take it :(

Sympathy hugs :hug:

just googled sudafed and it seem the active ingredient in it is a definite no-no in the first trimester, and only under medical supervision after that.......

i'm smothered too...

i was going to ask, with paracetamol, can you still take it every 4 hours? thats what i normally do if i'm full of a cold but i darent start taking them regular.

Eewww no, I wouldn't touch it, they make crystal meth out of it in the States. Get some Olbas oil and sprinkle it on your pillow. I'm really suffed up at the moment with a cold and it helps me.

i was told u can't take sudafed while pregnant by my doctor...

I've been using vicks vapour rub and paracetamol. Has now turned into a cough so I bought Soothers as they're more like sweets and there's no warning on the packet but they are as good as nothing.

i went to the docs for antibiotics for the cough.. amoxicyillian is safe for pregnancy.... also.. throat sweets are ok.. according to my doc... vicks is ok as long as u aren't actually doing the inhale part when u put it in hot water....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back