is it NORMAL?

MollieMOOcow

Reaction score
is it normal to feel scared and daunted about becoming a parent for the first time!

of course it is hun. its a life changing experience. It does really turn your world upside down. When you have no children you have the freedom to do what you want a dont have the resposiblilty of looking your very own child.
its ok to be scared of the unknown, pregnancy, labour, parenthood.
Im scared of it all and this is my second time round :lol: .

Try not to worry to much (easier said than done i know) just bother us with all your worries, if you have any :D :hug: .

of course its normal! its a natural part of becoming a parent!
Its a very big step and all new to you!
if you ever need to talk we are all here to listen - maybe we can take a load off your mind!!

yes it is! try not 2 stress tho, its nowhere near as hard as i thought it would be, or as scarey. :hug:

yes i was especially giving birth :)

dont worry about it, i know your early days but before u know it u be giving birth soon :)

yes its natural hun but it will all fall into place when baby is here. i am on my second and i still feel nervous and unsure of when she arrives becus its a gap of almost 5 yrs but i know that it will all be ok.

xxxxx

Oh God yes but you will do it, if I can do it then you can hun. I was never a massive maternal person but I generally blame that on my own up bringing as I got sexually, emotionally and phycically abused by my mother, my biological father didnt want me either so I had no parenting love myself so to give it was very difficult for me at first which is why I lost my boys because I hadnt really dealt with issues I needed to and that intervered with me being a mum. I then went on to have DD and by that point had gone through a lot of counceling which generally made me a better person and then SS got involved and supported me with DD and put me in touch with Barnados which is a project that works with families and they worked with me and my parenting skills. Hey even today after all the work it can still be tough but I do manage and you will as well. Do not be affraid to ask for help from friends and family and if thats not possible then there are lots of other agencys out there to help like sure start ect and that doesnt make you a bad mum either just a mum that needs support and hey we all need that but some of us have personal links and others have to go to agencies like sure start.

I ttc baby 4 now and even before concieving im panicing about omg but what if i'm a terrible mum to that baby or what if its too much and sends me over the edge or what if baby 4 dies of cot death which has always been my fear but I tell myself well Im coping just fine with dd and i'll be fine with baby 4 and I will do as much as I can to prevent SIDS.

You'll be super :D

I was scared -- so scared , but believe me, as soon as that baby makes an appearance, everything comes natural-- youre instantly a brilliant mother and you have to say 'I did it!!'
Its just the best feeling when you are holding your baby in your arms for the first time!!
Don't be scared... besides theres lots of help out there with bathing, changing nappies, coping in general.. etc

GOOD LUCK!!!

Absolutely! I think its more abnormal not to be!!!!! We were petrified...were we doing the right thing, would we be good parents etc.... but at least that means you're considering what you're doing!

Very normal, I'm scared too and this is number 2 for me LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back