Is it just me?

K X

Reaction score
I am counting down to when she is 6 months so she is out of the "high risk" of cot death stage.. I still suffer from these issues and have not had a proper sleep since she arrived. Rebecca sleeps through now don't get me wrong, and we have the sensor mat alarm which ticks with every breath constantly, but I still find myself waking up every half hour to hour checking to see if she is still breathing.

I know after 6 months they are still at risk (OH's cousin died of SIDS at 8 months)

Just wonder if anyone shares the same worries as me, or am I a pesimistic freak? :think:

I know after 6 months they are still at risk (OH's cousin died of SIDS at 8 months)
ur not alone hun i had managed to tlk my self in to thinking that it cant happen past 6 months so thanks for that ^
i cant remember wen it was but on the news sometime there was a bit about a 30 summit bloke (i thinks) that died from it :think:

yes sarah its called SADS sudden aldult death syndrome. Its if you have a heart problem ususally undetected I read a stor about an 18yr old who died from SADS! I try not to think about it, enjoy your little ones they are happy and healthy and if you follow the rules to reduce the risk of cot death it will be fine.

to be honest for anyone who watches holyoaks I dont think that helped! I never used to worry about it until that story line!

DH and I went to school with a lad that died of SADS about 5 years ago. DH also worked with him after he left school in 3 different jobs. One day he just dropped down dead at home :( There have been two ladies that live in my road that have had babies die of cot death.

It's not something that I think of, but sometimes if I check on Ella and can't hear her breathing straight away then I do worry. DH just checked on her now and she's asleep on her side and he's worried about the risk of SIDS.

My OH's cousin died of SADs. I am getting better about the SIDs thing, we are still co-sleeping so I can hear her breathe when I wake up. However I now have a fear of her choking, I guess we are always going to worry about the bad things, its part and parcel of being a mum.

im pretty laid back about it, Harleys forever choking when being sick after every feed its normal to me now :roll:

beanie said:
I guess we are always going to worry about the bad things, its part and parcel of being a mum.

Absolutley!
I worry about Mason just as much as I did when he was a baby, I worry about him getting run over, I worry him getting hurt in a car accident, I worry about him getting electrocuted by touching plugs...the list goes on, you name it, as a mum you think about it.
Prime example: we're renting a holiday cottage by the sea. So far I'm worrying about him burning himself on the "lovely open fire" Falling during one of the "picturesque cliff top walks" and getting swept away by the sea in the "quiet secluded beach" plus we're driving there so don't forget the car accident worry. :oops:

im constantly worrying my mum had a little boy die at 7 days old and its horrific so i think its in my genes even though i have had two healthy boys im constantly waking up in the middle of the night and panicking if i cant here her breathe or shes too still.

you are not alone :(

wow its is 6 months? i always thought it was 4 oops! :oops:

i dont tend to worry about it to much, i think id be a nervous wreak if i constantly checked on Coby all the time.

altho i have to admit, he slept through last night for the first time in ages and i did wake to check on him coz he was so quiet lol

xxxx

Dionne Rebecca has reflux too and that makes me 100 times worse. God knows how poor Sami must feel with lil Damo.... :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back