Internet help!

charliebear

Reaction score
Can anyone help?

My router is always on but the laptop isnt connecting to the internet when I switch it on? Anyone know how to get the laptop to connect automatically?

Thank you.

It all depends on what laptop you have hun and how your wireless settings work... Your laptop model just might not do it automatically x

With ours there's the wifi symbol on one of the 'F' keys at the top. Ours is always turned on with that so connects automatically.

ATM I'm having to turn the router off (which is going to break it) and then the laptop is connecting automatically but if I leave the router on and turn laptop on its not working :(

With ours there's the wifi symbol on one of the 'F' keys at the top. Ours is always turned on with that so connects automatically.

I have on of those too and its always on :( x

What windows have you got? What have you got It connecting too? You have to choose option 'home' for it to be open to all connections in the house. Also make sure that your set to connect automatically by going into control panel and Internet options (i think) and check.

Mine sometimes does this. I've got to disconnect then reconnect again then it normally works

have you tried turning the wireless off then on again on the laptop rather than turning of the router each time?

Hmm, I've just been playing in device manager - I really shouldn't when I haven't a clue what I'm doing!
I enabled Priority/VLAN?

I have it set to connect automatically but for some reason its not.
I also changed Lan settings to connect automatically in internet options?

Scared to turn the laptop off now :lol:

Forgot to add its Vista

Last edited:
Mine sometimes does this. I've got to disconnect then reconnect again then it normally works

The only way I can do it is if I turn the router off as the laptop isnt picking the signal up when its left switched on. x

I think it worked. I had changed the setting in internet options, just switched the laptop off and on and I'm back.
Big test in the morning :) see if it works then. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back