Infections in lil boys :(

keelie_b

Reaction score
My little boy has an infection in his penis :cry: :cry:
Its all swollen up, doctor has prescribed some cream so hopefully it will clear it up. Thankfully he doesnt seem to be in too much distress with it so hopefully its not hurting him. I always made sure he was thoroughl clean when changing his nappy so dont know how he's got it.

Just wondered if anyone elses LO had this? what caused it and when did it clear up?

My poor boy :(

Thanks xx

Can't really offer any suggestions. Glad he is getting better though :)

TBH I tend to leave LO's bits alone within reason. I mean I wash him, but don't go overboard with it. He has his baths and I use water and cotton wool to wash him when changing nappy, unless out and we use wipes then.

I leave Coopers willy alone, just give a wipe over. I never pull his foreskin back and have read that you shouldn't do this until around the age of about 8 i think and then they can do it themselves.

Hi hun,

I honestly dont know what could of caused the infection. My little boy has never had one. I always gave his willy a quick wipe over and pop his nappy on. I never pulled the foreskin back. And still dont.

Aww poor little love its horrible when your baby is poorly :(

Like the others i tend not to do much with the willy.. I was around the rest and just wipe over it with cotton wool and water. I also give him a bath evry other day.

Im sure you are doing everything fine and its one of those things.

Claire x

Yea thats what i do, i only ever use cotton wool and warm water and i give it a wipe over very gently but never anything more than that because i know its a sensitive area and would be scared to death of hurting him.
Maybe just one of those things then :( been using the cream for 3 days but he doesnt seem to be improving. i'll give it a bit longer and take him back to the doctor.
My poor baby :( God knows what i'll be like the first time he gets a cold or something, its breaking my little heart at the thought or him being a bit sore or irritated :cry: :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back