IMPORTANT MSN VIRUS INFO PLEASE READ

Urchin

Reaction score
In light of recent events I think its important everyone knows about this.

If someone on your msn send you the message

tell me is this really you ? - photogallery.gigacities.net/[email protected]

Your email will be on the end, making it look like a photo of you or someone pretending to be you has been posted somewhere.

DO NOT CLICK! It's a virus!

yes, thats been making the rounds for a while now.

i was always getting sent them, and saw it for what it was

And quite a nasty one at that. It'll spam anyone on your userlist.

Also the wording has been slightly different on occasion. I had one friend on MSN appear to say they had found this pic of me online and thought I should know about it. Needless to say it was a virus :roll:

Of course, being on Linux OS and not using Windows these things don't affect me in the least. But anyone on Windows who opens this file will be stuffed.

oooh i've never heard of that before.. thanks for letting me know cos I would of clicked on it :)

Sherlock said:
And quite a nasty one at that. It'll spam anyone on your userlist.

Also the wording has been slightly different on occasion. I had one friend on MSN appear to say they had found this pic of me online and thought I should know about it. Needless to say it was a virus :roll:

Of course, being on Linux OS and not using Windows these things don't affect me in the least. But anyone on Windows who opens this file will be stuffed.

yeh there are a few variations of it. i had something like 'omg is this really a pic of you' ot something like that.

and yeah, it sends to everyone on your list

I got this virus and it was a NIGHTMARE to get rid off, avast and such WILL NOT BEABLE TO PICK IT UP

If any body did get this file through MSN, here's a utility you can use, the file is not actually a virus, it's a utility aka " PsKill ", used for terminating system process by remote, info on this file here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896683.aspx.

So most AntiVirus software won't pick this up.

Download MsnCleaner.zip to your Desktop, but don't use it yet.

http://www.forospyware.com/Msncleaner/MsnCleaner.zip

* Extract the content of MsnCleaner.zip to your Desktop.
* Now reboot into Safe Mode
* Double-click MsnCleaner.exe to run it.
* Click the Analyze button.
* A report will be created once after you finish scan.
* If it finds an infection, click the Deleted button.
* Now, please reboot back to normal mode.

Hope this helps...

Thanks for posting that Urchin, I havnt heard of that one and would have clicked it....being on a work pc that could have been pretty disastrous :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back