Im losing my sanity

BabyLove

Reaction score
Pleeeeease!! :|

Does anyone know of any other food for my OH's tarantula OTHER than flippin crickets!! :shock:

That noise, over and over and over and over again is testing my sanity i swear. I cant take it any longer!! :x

No but a big shoe for the beast will work too *shudders at the thought of the beast*

I have just found this for you.

Feeding your Tarantula

Tarantulas will eat crickets, moths, beetle larvae (meal worms or superworms), houseflies and cockroaches. The rule of thumb is not to feed your tarantula a prey item that is larger than it is and usually approximately half its size. Although, some tarantulas are aggressive eaters and will eat prey as large as they are. You should feed your tarantula prey items that you are positive have not been contaminated with pesticides, for this reason some people prefer to feed their tarantulas purchased prey items like crickets and meal worms. Offer your pet 1 to 3 prey items two to three times a week, depending on how big your tarantula is and how much it can eat at one time. Some larger tarantulas will accept live baby rodents, like mice. Care must be taken to remove any prey items that have not been eaten within 24 hours or so, uneaten prey items can be quite stressful for the tarantula, and have been known to cause damage and even kill tarantulas if left too long.

Drinking Water:

Tarantulas do require a source of drinking water that you can provide by using any shallow container filled with
water. Small pill vial lids work well for spiderlings and small tarantulas. Shallow bowls, plastic food container lids work for larger tarantulas. You can also supply water by misting water on the substrate and the sides of the enclosure. Care should be taken to keep a minimum of one moist corner within the enclosure, and gauging the amount of misting to the humidity requirements of your particular tarantula.

oooooh u got pics of the tarantula Carly?? :D

and that noise drives me mad in pet stores, let alone for hours on end in my flat :talkhand: :lol:

Brown crickets generally don't make noise.
When i had bearded dragons we very rarely bought black crickets coz the noise was unbearable. In the end they refused to eat them anyway so we stuck to brown.

And eww, a tarantula! I'd have moved out by now!!! Lol

Pinkys! Thats what we feed delilah although she only has 1 about every 3 months!!! x

cant you get frozen ones or something? i dont know how you do it, the thought of feeding a tarantula is making me shudder now!! eeeeeeee....

mummykay said:
oooooh u got pics of the tarantula Carly?? :D

This is Geraldene :lol:...
DSC01211.jpg
DSC01210.jpg

DSC01203.jpg
DSC01201.jpg

Thanks for the replies.. Black ones are what we had- nightmare!

Dont think i could handle moths, beetle larvae (meal worms or superworms), houseflies and cockroaches tho :shock: ...and "pinkys" would break my heart :| lol

I'll deffo try brown crickets and pray they are quiet :pray: The OH can find them a new home in the shed aswell! :D

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

how could u have it in ur house hun
lol
wot are pinkys tho

pinky mice i think..it grosses me out too!! Your brave Carly!!

Yeah pinkies are baby mice. They've no fur as they are pretty much just been born. You can buy them in the freezer section of our garden centre!

I caught a glimpse of the pic and had to get OH to change the screen! Although he just enlarged it for me!!! I had to try and close the site down with my hands over my eyes! :rotfl:

Geraldene :lol: She looks awesome, am fascinated but wouldnt have the bottle to keep one in house incase it got out haha :lol:

My brother just inherited 2 tarantulas a few months ago and I used to hate the idea of them but they are pretty interesting to watch. I got all excited that one was shedding. It was amazing to watch the progress. My brother just rolled his eyes at me an said - they are pets. Stop making it into a biology lesson - you're ruining the coolness!

My daughter want's one now but I'm not sure..... We settled on an ant farm instead lol Although I regretted that after the first day when they seemed to be appearing on the sideboard.... :lol:

Strangely, i have a HUGEEEE spider phobia BUT i really like the taranula. Its because my house is absolutely crawling with different kinds of big spiders (and i mean big),that get everywhere- iv found them in my clothes a few times and they are huge, i kid you not :| So when the OH got Geraldene i felt calm about it because its the only spider in the house that is caged and walks slowly lol

aww, pinkys :(

my sister's pet snakes used to eat them (think theyre on adult rats now) poor little babies :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back