• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm locked in and can't get out!!

Vickyleigh

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what to do. It started the other day when my boyfriend locked himself out of the flat and had to break the lock to get in but luckily there is another lock on the door that we dont use. About an hour ago I locked the door from the inside to test the key, key got stuck and wouldn't turn so I tried to force it and the handle bit of the key has snapped off and now the key is well and truely jammed in the lock!! I've tried taking the handle off but that didn't do anything at all. To make matters worse there isn't a spare key and my boyfriend has all his tools at work. I can't get out and no one can get in so what am I supposed to do? One of you must have done this before!

done this... we just had to call a locksmith and bang the door in and put a new lock on!

Hope you get out soon!!

Oh nooo what a nightmare - I've locked myself out before and had to call out a locksmith.

If you do call out a locksmith make sure you get a quote beforehand there was one guy on House of Horrors the other night and he charged and average of £400 and even charged some poor person over £1000 to get into their house :shock:

Don't mean to scare you but be verycareful who you select hun.

yes i agree, get a quote, or even a couple first.
good luck hun. :hug:

one time someone kicked out front door and kinda broke it but it was stuck shut as the lock and catch was all mangled. we just had to use the back door, and claimed on home insurance to get a new front door!

I decided against calling a locksmith and my OH came home on his lunch break to try and rescue me. He got the door open but now it wont shut, the door frame is buggered, there are 2 massive holes on each side of the door and the lock is broke!! I should have called a locksmith because now I have to get a new door before my landlord finds out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back