• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IM GOING TO LOSE MY JOB!

jenna

Reaction score
iv been having too much sick leave and iv had warnings about it and im off again! i dont know what to do, i cant afford to lose my job, and some times i really cant go into work. :wall:

:cry: I feel like a right idiot!

if you are genuinely ill then they can't do much about it, may be go to docs and get a sick cert?

how long have you worked there? If its more than a year you could claim unfair dismissal but only if you've got proof like a sick note that you have been genuinely ill :hug:

Hypnorm said:
if you are genuinely ill then they can't do much about it, may be go to docs and get a sick cert?

They can if they have a sick policy clearly set out, even if you have a sick note. Only difference is if you are off for the same thing with a sick note they may only class it and one instance rather than several.

Our company has a policy, if your off more than 20 days OR 5 occurences (which can be 5 occurences of 1 day each time) your at stage one, this gives you 6 months to 'clear' your record, if within the 6 months your off more than twice you go to stage two, where you have a concern interview to see if they can resolve issues etc, and again the 6th month thingy, if your off again, stage 3, and if your off again sacked!

Sorry to be the burden of bad news Jenna, but if they have the policy, they are within their rights to let you go, maybe you could jump before pushed and find something else as its so much harder to find a job after being saked especially if its for sickness reasons!

Good luck babe

Hi

Hun im sos sorry about this its so unfair that cuz your sick they might let you go... hopefully everything will work out for you , good luck
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back