Im getting my eyes zapped!

Melanie

Reaction score
Im having laser eye surgery tomorrow (Thursday)!!!!! I cant wait, i've worn glasses since i was 4 years old. It will be great to be shot of them. Its costing me a fortune replacing them! Thea has broken 3 pairs since she was born!

Im having PRK so its a bit more painful than some of the ways it can be done but its the one that will suit my eyes best. I've been planning it for three years and was going to have it earlier but found out i was pregnant with Thea. I've had my eyes monitored since then and now i've had my periods back for 6 months (breastfeeding hormones can affect your sight apparently you need to be cycling properly so they know your sight is unlikely to change again in the near future) i can have it done yay! My sight prescription hasnt changed in 4 years so im a good candidate.

Im really nervous though! I wont be around over the weekend as it takes a few days before im allowed to use a computer.

Im sure itl be worth it Mel, my mum had hers done a few yrs ago and loves not havin to take her 'eyes' (contacts) out anymore at night lol :lol:

good luck! :cheer:

I would love to get it done but am far too much of a chicken!! Hehe!!

Good luck!!!

ohh good luck with it! my dads having his eyes done next wednesday and im going with him to make sure hes alright lol :D

good luck! :D I would love to get that done one day once my prescription is stable and I can afford it! :pray:

Good luck!

It will be great! :cheer:

I'm currently doing my placement here in the eye hospital in Oxford & it is amazing the improvement I see when I do sight tests on people whom have had laser treatment compared to before hand :D

Ooo, good luck - cant wait to hear about the improvements - been tempted myself!

:cheer: yay good luck! laser eye surgery was THE BEST £1250 I EVER SPENT!! its amazing!

not sure how PRK differs to LASIK which is what i had done but mine was 100% painless (less painful than a needle or even a fingernail scratch- couldnt feel A THING!) but dont be alarmed when it all goes black, and u smell burning and feel wetness running down ur cheek from ur eye :shock: its normal nothing to worry about :hug:

i was a right wuss i was so frightened i almost fainted they had to do the next appointment b4 mine! :lol: but idk what i was so scared of now it was nothing and over in 5 minutes. :hug:

Best of luck, wish I had the courage and money to have mine done :wink:

ooo good luck hun :hug: be thinking of u x x x x take care

:cheer: :cheer: My colleague had them done and she is so glad because it has hiven her loads of confidence and freedom.

Good luck :hug:

Are you long or short sighted? I'm long sighted and don't think it's that straightforward is it :?

Lucky you - good luck flower :hug:

OH had it done and and reckons it was the best thing he did in a long time.

I didn't know the breastfeeding hormones could affect your eyesight. I have to have an eyesight check before I can return to work and am still BFing - have you got any info or links on it?

Good luck hun. I'm sure you will love it when you have had it done.
I tried to get mine done about 3 years ago and had all the checks and paid the money and had the appointment booked (even had time booked off at work) and then I was told a couple of weeks before that they wouldn't go ahead cos my retina was too thin :roll: I was gutted. I was really looking forward to no more lenses! :(

Good luck Melanie - I'd love to have this done.

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back