im almost engaged.

Alfiesmummy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, how r u all? Iv just been to c my MW and shes said hes in a great position and moving down nicely, in fact he's almost engaged! she said give him a few days and he'll be in position. Im pleased to know that hes almost in positon now, but a bit worried as still have seven weeks to go! i cant wait though, soon my beautiful little boy will be here. How is everyone coping with the weather? Im finding it hard but it is all so worth it, im finding it hard to control my hormones and the OH is treading on eggshells, 1 minute were having a laugh and a joke the next minute im in floods of tears or im screaming at him, i feel sorry 4 him really bless him because hes trying everything to keep me happy, except that the only thing i think would make me happy is having my little boy here. Well i say it serves him right, its his punishment! i hope everyone is ok and its all going well 4 u all. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :D

Might seen like a funny question and i a really stupid. How do they know baby is engaged?

Do they do an internal?

Oh and congrats x x

she pushes really hard on the bit below your belly to find his head. I know sometimes they do do internals but she didnt with me, Hes not quite there yet but he almost is

Thats great. It really amazes me how they can tell things! Glad its all going well for you. x

Thats good news
I saw my midwife yesterday for my 32 week appt, and she said mine is cephalic but not engaged. Apparently being engaged early doesnt neccessarily mean they'll arrive early, so don't panic! :D

Izzyx

Glad all is well for you.

I am sure your OH understands what you are going trough. Us pregnant ladies have hormones all over the place :D

Take care

Izzy5400 said:
Thats good news
I saw my midwife yesterday for my 32 week appt, and she said mine is cephalic but not engaged. Apparently being engaged early doesnt neccessarily mean they'll arrive early, so don't panic! :D

Izzyx

What about the reverse - is there a minimum amount of time they are usuaslly engaged for before they come? I don't think she is engaged yet (have a 38 week checkup on Thursday) but I get the impression that you can feel it when they engage, does this mean she is likely to be late?

TinaOct said:
Glad all is well for you.

I am sure your OH understands what you are going trough. Us pregnant ladies have hormones all over the place :D

Take care

I am having to be on egg shells with my OH as he keeps getting really stresed as he is worrying about being a father. Don't get me wrong, he is really pleased and looking forward to being a Dad, but he is getting really stressed out about it, especially now as she can come any day now.

Walking on egg shells is not good but it must be hard for them as well.

You take it easy hun and I hope you have a nice relaxing few weeks before you LO arrives :D

I dont know im not sure really hun, u know when they are moving down, he has been getting lower and lower and you can see that he has because the bump drops, and you can feel it in your lap too instead of pushing up against your ribs it feels as though there is a cushion in your lap. Your little girl will probably go at the last minute, when do u next c ur MW

when the head engages..you need to go wee loads more coz it presses
more on the bladder..you will see that your bump is lower and it wont crush your ribs as much..you'll have less heartburn and sick feeling coz its less on your stomach!

how r u feeling fran? are u nervous? only a few days left 2 go, i sometimes feel like ill never get there x

This is why I am sure she is not engaged. I am not needing to go to the loo any more than I have needed to for a while, and I am still getting regular indigestion. I see the doctor next on Thursday so will know for sure then. However I am worried it is a sign she is going to be late. :-(

Don't worry Nicky it can happen quickly and i've heard some babies don't engage until the onset of labour so there's no rush! :)

fingerscrossed said:
how r u feeling fran? are u nervous? only a few days left 2 go, i sometimes feel like ill never get there x

dont worry hun you will get here..its just a frustrating route..lol
i'm feeling nervous but just want my baby out now..too hot and frustrated! i was told i was in slow labour and have had my show...but no baby as yet!

mine was breech right thru up till 35 weeks.. then i felt this awful pain and my bump did some acrobatic movements.. 3 days later my MW said the head had gone straight to engaged... she checked by feeling really hard low down.. i can now breath deeply.. don't feel sick when i eat! but i do need to pee during the nite now! the head still nees to get lower than enaged thou! at the moment i'm 4/5...

x

fingerscrossed said:
Hi everyone, how r u all? Iv just been to c my MW and shes said hes in a great position and moving down nicely, in fact he's almost engaged! she said give him a few days and he'll be in position. Im pleased to know that hes almost in positon now, but a bit worried as still have seven weeks to go! i cant wait though, soon my beautiful little boy will be here. How is everyone coping with the weather? Im finding it hard but it is all so worth it, im finding it hard to control my hormones and the OH is treading on eggshells, 1 minute were having a laugh and a joke the next minute im in floods of tears or im screaming at him, i feel sorry 4 him really bless him because hes trying everything to keep me happy, except that the only thing i think would make me happy is having my little boy here. Well i say it serves him right, its his punishment! i hope everyone is ok and its all going well 4 u all. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :D

woohoo! :cheer:

Thanks all. Hayley, I need to get up every 2 hours occasionally 3hrs on a good night, through the night and have done for quite a while now.

Will not be long for u hun!

It does my head in going o the toilet so much during the night im sure i do it a sleep most of the time hehe

:rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamie50
Back