Ideas for budget pressies...

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
I normally spend a fair amount on presents at crimbo but for obvious reasons I don't have that much and don't want hubby to buy them for me...

Any ideas on cheap gifts?

Asda have some good stuff in this year - and sainsburys.

Depends on how much you want to spend - but "baskets" are good too - fill them with stuff on a theme, for example one of my sisters has a beauty basket this year - I've picked up bargains from Avon, brand name stuff from poundshop, etc and it looks a lot more than it actually cost :wink:

or get making stuff if you can!

This year I've made
2x knitted hat and bag sets for nieces
knitted cardigan for another niece
scarf as part of my nan's
2 x knitted handwarmers towards another sisters

even in really nice yarn they've cost me a fraction of what they would cost to buy that quality.

I usually do the Boots 3 for 2's, but this year for the adults we've taken a lovely picture of Angel, print in on A4 for a bit over a quid, then frame it. So works out about £3 per couple. Bargain!

I was gonna say boots!! They have some lovely lovely things in there on 3 for 2 this year and each week they have different gift sets at half price.

I got my sister this lovely ruby & milley make up set down from £50 to £25! got one for SIL as well and a free (3-for-2) sewing set for MIL xxx

Or do everyone a lovely framed pic of your son in a little santa suit xxx

I have got some books and dvds for my OH, bro & 2x BILs from Asda. I also went to the Cancer Research Shop as they do some lovely (new) things. I bought my friends little girls a piggy bank painting kit each for £7.99 and they had some lovely wooden toys. For the grandparents I am doing pics of Olivia mounted on card with a print of her footprint/handprint next to it. I've bought fluffy pjs for my sis (she's not long had a baby either and they are comfy & pratical for lounging). For my 3 SILs I have bought pashminas as I found them on offer for £6.

i don't know why but I've actually found it easier shopping for people with a smaller budget. :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back