• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I will be only sober one :-(

Lindsay

Reaction score
I am really dreading tonight. DH and I are going to a wedding do, the couple got married abroad but are having a party here tonight. I will be the only sober one there :(

All the people who are going to be there apart from one couple who we are really friendly with I haven't seen since my brother's funeral last April. It's going to be so awkward.

We used to hang around with all the couples when DH and I were childless, but from falling PG with my son they stopped inviting us to do anything with them and haven't bothered with us since. DH still sees the lads but I haven't heard a peep from the girls.

I am going to look nice though because I am wearing an outfit that was bought for a family wedding that I am going to at the end of the month and disn't want to fork out on something else maternity for the one wear. My worry though is something will happen to the dress or shoes tonight and I will be stuffed for the wedding at the end of the month.

I feel so fed up :(

Xxx

Aww hun, don't worry about the other girls, they sound like they're not worth bothering with. If you find yourself in a situation where you have to speak to them I would be polite and tell them how wonderful your life has been since having your son, but otherwise I wouldn't bother with them if they couldn't be bothered with you for all that time.

As for the outfit, I'm sure it will be fine. I doubt anything should happen to it if you're not drinking. I'm also going to a party tonight (it's actually a joint birthday party for me, my bro, my sis, my SIL and her bro) and I'll probably be the only sober one there too!! It should be fun though, at least we can sit and watch everyone making drunken idiots of themselves knowing that we'll also be the only ones WITHOUT a hangover in the morning :dance:

I hope you manage to have a nice time :hug:

Ah dont worry! Like Jen says you're outfit will be fine as you're not likely to do anything to ruin it if you're sober. Im sure everyone will just be really happy for you and wanna hear all about your pregnancy, etc so just enjoy showing off your bump and looking fab with the knowledge you wont embarras yourself or have a hangover tommorow!xx :hug:

Aww Jen I hope you have a good time too, how nice to share your birthday with all those people :D I'm going to go and get dressed now - will let you all know how it was tomorrow. Thanks for your replies :D

Xxx

Lindsay said:
I am going to look nice though because I am wearing an outfit that was bought for a family wedding that I am going to at the end of the month and disn't want to fork out on something else maternity for the one wear. My worry though is something will happen to the dress or shoes tonight and I will be stuffed for the wedding at the end of the month.

I feel so fed up :(

Xxx

That's the spirit hun! You're going to look gorgeous, I've seen your facebook pics and pregnant or not, sober or not, you'll look amazing tonight...

...Stuff those women, they're probably childless themselves so can't empathise with anything you go through, but we can :cheer:

You show them that us pregnant women can look just as nice and be just as fun as anyone else!

Have a fantastic time and I seriously doubt anything will happen to your outfit, I can't imagine what could go wrong but you doll yourself up hun and you'll feel amazing :D xx

You're probably there now so hope you're enjoying yourself and having a good boogy! :cheer:

I was at a wedding dance at 11 weeks which I was a bit nervous about as we hadn't told folk about the pregnancy yet and expected to be quizzed about my not drinking. The ceilidh was soon in full swing though and nobody noticed I was just having lemonades! Danced the night away and it was fab, hope your night is great too!

Have another wedding next month when I'll be 20 weeks, then another when I'll be 36 weeks and quite looking forward to being the sober one now to be honest!

Sarah x

Hope you're having fun and laughing at all the drunk people :D

I bet you looked great in your outfit and all those rude women were jealous ;)

Thankyou all for your lovely comments :hug:

Last night wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I did feel really nice so that made a huge difference. I wore the dress which is in the latest Next maternity it's chocolate, if anyone has anything to go to I would recommend getting it as it's not too expensive and makes you feel glamorous :D .

The girls didn't bother, they said hello and that was awkward, we have moved on and I think that there are a couple of them who are jealous as they would love to be engaged or have children.

The couple whose wedding it was were really pleased that we had gone so that's what matters.

There will be a fair few people today waking up with sore heads and I feel great :cheer:

Xxx

I am gettting married in 4 weeks and I have got my Hen Night in 2 weeks and I wont be drinking.

I will be sitting on the sidelines watching everyone else get drunk, but at least I will be able to remember all the gossip the day after :D

I am going to allow myself one glass of wine at the wedding. I went to try my dress on yesterday, and I was so happy that I can still get into it :cheer: Luckily its got a tie up back so all that needs to be done is to make the back panel a few inches bigger and we can lace it up a bit looser. You couldnt even see my bump and somehow my waist had come back :shock:

I am so excited now :cheer:

Yipee great news Tracey and Lindsay! :hug:

Ps. Lindsay post a pic of you in dress if you can im nosey and wanna see how good you looked!xx

Lindsay said:
Thankyou all for your lovely comments :hug:

Last night wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I did feel really nice so that made a huge difference. I wore the dress which is in the latest Next maternity it's chocolate, if anyone has anything to go to I would recommend getting it as it's not too expensive and makes you feel glamorous :D .

The girls didn't bother, they said hello and that was awkward, we have moved on and I think that there are a couple of them who are jealous as they would love to be engaged or have children.
I'm really pleased you felt so good! :cheer: A nice frock makes the world of difference to your self esteem!

You're so right about those women, they must have been so jealous that you have children, are married, and looked stunning :D

And Tracey, how exciting! :cheer: You'll have to post pics :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back