• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I think i'm midwifephobic!

Vickyleigh

Reaction score
All of a sudden I'm really scared of midwives! I think it started from when I had my check up at 27 weeks. There was a student midwife there who had a feel of my belly and the baby and I can't stop thinking about how rough she was and my poor little baby was trying to wriggle away from her. Then the proper midwife said that the baby is the right size but she wants to keep an eye on her growth because she is assuming the baby will end up being small. If she said that to scare me then it's worked because now i'm pooping myself and worried sick that the baby is to small when really there is no need to worry because she did say the baby was the right size so she had no right to worry me for no reason!!
Then today I tried to ring the midwife to get my blood results, I've been trying all morning but they aren't answering the phones so now I have given up. I did ring back a little while ago and left a nasty(ish) message on the answer machine. I find it very uncomforting that I can't speak to a midwife when I need to. I've been trying since 10 am and I still haven't been able to speak to one so it's sooooo good to know that I always have a midwife at hand if I need one (yeah right!!!)
I'm sorry but I hate them I really do and I wish I didn't have to see one anymore but as we all know that just isn't possible.
I have my next appointment with the m/w in 2 weeks and i'm kakking myself I don't want to see her. I just can't wait till Roxyleigh is here so it will all be over.

Aw its horrible you feel that way hun :( It concerns me that I cant get hold of my midwife at times because I'm supposed to give birth at the birthing centre and if I cant get hold of her when I go into labour then I dont know what I'm supposed to do :? Think I need to talk to my MW about this actually :wink:

Try not to worry too much about MW appointments, not long to go now :cheer:

My mw is crap :x

When I wanted to ask a question I called the community mw's number and it just kept going to answerphone with the message that they were open until 3pm no matter what time I called :? left a couple of messages and never got a call back! My mw was supposed to call me with a date and time for my 20 week scan, never got a phone call so i just rang the hospital and just asked everyone until I got through to the right person who could help!

You would have thought that by now someone would have got the idea that there are so many worried people needing help or least the frikkin phone answered!

Can you not request another midwife? :hug:

I see two midwives depending whos avaliable and one of them is lovely I really like her but the other one I hate seeing. At my next appointment if it's the midwife I like then I will speak to her and ask if it's possible that only she deals with me.
I just got my blood results at last!! The m/w said that my iron levels are excellent for a pregnant woman who was anemic. She said mine are better then hers and she's not pregnant! I'm really pleased about that and there was no abnormalities detected in my blood so all is fine yay :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Hi
Do you not have a few different numbers you can call? I have a number for my own Midwife and for the Unit. I know her own number is only in use on clinic days for results, but the Unit I can call and speak to anyone anytime incase of emergencies. I would ask next time for some more numbers just incase. As they know things dont always run smooth and it's nice to know there is someone there at any time to speak to.
Glad you finally got your results though and that they are so good :hug: :hug:

Great news on the blood test :cheer:

Does the nice mw work specific times or days or is it pot luck?

Thanks Snuggle :cheer:

I was expecting her to say they had found something wrong so at the moment I'm super duper hyper because she said everything is perfect with me and the baby!!!
I should stop getting so paranoid about things going wrong because if anything is going to harm the baby it will be my stupid paranoia!

madam bully said:
Great news on the blood test :cheer:

Does the nice mw work specific times or days or is it pot luck?

Yep they don't start work till 2pm!! You can leave a message on their answer machine but you can't actually speak to anyone till after 2 unless it's an emergency then you have to go to the hospital so if your worried about something then you have to make sure you worry about it in the afternoon and not the morning.

Ihate my MW too witha vengeance, she is the biggest bitch ever, met with her last week and got told i was too fat!
Charming eh - all this coming grom a woman who had only just met me

mrs_tommo22 said:
Ihate my MW too witha vengeance, she is the biggest bitch ever, met with her last week and got told i was too fat!
Charming eh - all this coming grom a woman who had only just met me

:shock: I would have headbutted her! :evil: I really should get control of my vicious streak sometimes :lol:

I'm not sure but I don't think there's any necessity to see the MW if you don't like her. I see my GP out of choice - not particularly coz the MW is horibble but coz she's never there :wall:

The MWs at the hospital seem really nice though so at least that's one good thing. :cheer:

I have had really different experiences with midwives. There is one at the doctors who acts like I am the biggest inconvenience in the world and all my queries are trivial! I had a DVT with my last baby and am on daily heparin injections and had a couple of questions about it. I was so intimidated I forgot to ask for my MATB1! I went back and got one from my doctor rather than see her again. The others are all lovely though . I wish I knew who I was going to see every time. I think these stroppy midwives should be careful though. An angry pregnant woman is terrifying (or so my husband tells me!!! haha)! :twisted:

The midwives at my surgery are usually ok, but I do get dismissed because I have chosen to have my baby at the hospital instead of their birth centre, for medical reasons.

Ive seen the same midwife for the past 8 weeks and she is lovely and very professional. but the others are awful, especially one who even terrified my husband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back