• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I need some Ebay advice!

lea m

Reaction score
I just bid and won a bouncy chair on ebay for 99p! I did feel a bit bad for the person selling as it was practically new etc but thought well if they wanted more for it they should have put the starting bid higher!
Well I won, paid by paypal and asked when they would like me to pick it up! Its pick up only! And I have recieved this email back

Ebay have told me I am not allowed to sell the item - because of 'unreasonable seller terms' -Its because I have it listed elsewhere they wont allow me to complete the transaction

I can refund or wait and see if I can relist it

thanks

Now I have had nothing off Ebay saying the item cannot be sold, I bid I won and I paid!? I thought Ebay made a big deal out of it being a "contract" once you have won an item!? :think:
What do you girls think!? Should I contact Ebay and see why they havent told me or what? Im a bit annoyed?!

Ebay would have sent you an email saying that there is a problem i would have thought.
Sounds like they are trying to get out of letting you have it for 99p.
If they relist they would probably put a reserve on it.
Contact ebay to verify what you have been told maybe

It looks to me like the person doesnt want to sell it for so little and is making the stroy up to get out of the sale hun :hug:

If the listing hasn't been removed then she's talking guff. If a listing is in violation of their seller regulations then they pull the listing (you can't view it) and you as the buyer would be informed. It sounds like it hasn't made what she's wanted.

If you have no luck file "item not received" with PayPal - you will win no problem as she's offered PP on a collection only item. PP requires you as a seller to have proof of delivery (i.e. signed for delivery/courier) which collection only isn't. I would leave her a negative too if she doesn't sort it out.

Shes messing you about and you would of had a email off ebay.

On ebay now as a seller you have to offer paypal as a payment option

charlie84 said:

But unfortunately they've yet to decide on how to fix the glitch of proof of delivery for PayPal on collection only items :lol: So sellers who accept PayPal on a collection only item (they could offer postage for items paid for by PP) are leaving themselves wiiiiiiiiide open for chargebacks where buyers will win without question.

Thanks ladies! TBH thats my initial thought! :think: She did email me a copy of the email she "recieved" off ebay stating it was cancelled etc but still the item is there to be viewed! So I have emailed Ebay and just hope they get back to me soon! I did reply to the seller stating I was going to complain to Ebay for not sending me the message about the cancelled item!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0302804846

Thats the item

daftscotslass said:
charlie84 said:

But unfortunately they've yet to decide on how to fix the glitch of proof of delivery for PayPal on collection only items :lol: So sellers who accept PayPal on a collection only item (they could offer postage for items paid for by PP) are leaving themselves wiiiiiiiiide open for chargebacks where buyers will win without question.

Yep and its a big pain in the ass for me at the moment as we are selling off some items which are collection only. Luckily so far we have had no problems, keeping my fingers crossed on that one though.

It looks lush! Definitely sounds like an excuse to me! Silly seller.

I'm not loving ebay at the moment either Charlie - add to everything they've done so far they're going to set limits on postage costs and not allow to charge postage for DVDs soon :x

daftscotslass said:
It looks lush! Definitely sounds like an excuse to me! Silly seller.

I'm not loving ebay at the moment either Charlie - add to everything they've done so far they're going to set limits on postage costs and not allow to charge postage for DVDs soon :x

No postage for DVDs thats a bit harsh, havent sold any for a while but that would put me off selling, you have to cover your packaging at least, think i would probably do better at a car boot.

Spoke to OH and he said once the item has ended ebay cannot stop the sale. And if for any reason they did then an email would be sent to the buyer! Definately a gutted seller! It is gorgeous (i wanted one for Angel) and they clearly wanted more for it!

I had this with a diamond ring i won on ebay, i won it for £40 and it is valued at over £500, the woman emailed saying she wanted more for it but forgot to put a reserve on it, i felt bad at first but then thought she should have put a resrve so tough and emailed her stating the law and she sent the ring to me.

Nice bargain Hennaly!! And heres me thinking I got a good one!!
LisaJ thats what I also thought and Ebay did confirm it definitely wasnt ended! ;)
I have now got thechair though! :cheer: I have a sneeky feeling it was a man who was trying to mess me about and the women who was being nice! :think: But yeh we got it and its great! :cheer:
OH is so funny! lol He went to collect and he saw her baby and said she was gorgeous with big bright eyes! So I wasnt allowed to leave Neg feedback hahaha
TBH although there was a lot of messing about, the chair is perfect and I couldnt have left Neg anyways!

it hasnt been cancelled so the seller is having a laugh.
Prove to the seller it is a valid transcaction by leaving a big fat NEG!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back