I have tonsillitis and i don't like it

BabySols

Reaction score
I've really had it since Friday night but didnt know until Sunday night when OH made me go to the hospital. My niece gets it all the time bless her but i never imagined how painful it could be. Anyways the Doctor gave me the prize for the highest temperature he had taken all day and also said i was not far off having Quinseys ? Never heard of that before but he said if i had left it much longer my tonsils would have had to have been sliced open :puke: I haven't eaten much except toast and ice cream since Friday though so i'm hoping i will lose a few stone this week :rotfl:

ohhh :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: poor you i remember that as a child very painfull, have you tried jelly? it's soooo nice and calming for your throat and ice cream also make sure you drink loads to help flush the bug out, do you have antibiotics?

You have my sympathy, I've been getting it every 6-8 weeks for over a year now!

It's the best for losing weight, but a sucky way to do it. Get well soon xxxx

Thanks Anna, i have eaten lots of ice cream which has helped loads, and i have penicillin from the hospital so hopefully it will start easing off now. Minxy - every 6 weeks!! How do u cope??? This is driving me mad and i have only had it a few days!!

tonsilitis SUCKS, iv just gotten over my first bout of it - not amused!!!

was drugged up with amoxicillin, brufen and paracetemol lol - hope u recover quickly :hug: :hug: :hug:

BabySols said:
Minxy - every 6 weeks!! How do u cope??? This is driving me mad and i have only had it a few days!!

I got a surgeon to agree to take 'em out............then got my BFP the next week :? :lol:

I'll have the op after bubs is born, it actually really gets me down at times, but I've learnt to recognise it coming, so rarely get as poorly as you x

Ouchie I used to get it lots too. I hope you feel better soon :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks everyone, i managed a little bit of mash and some beans for tea so hopefully on the mend now the meds have kicked in :dance:

:hug: :hug:

I used to get it alll the time when I worked with kids, the doc refused to refer me to have them out bacause apparently adult tonsils are too small :roll:

My step-dad and sis had 'Quinsy.' It's an abscess in the throat which is infected and filled with puss. My sis had it removed under a general, but my step-dad just left it to burst :puke:

Awww I feel for you! I used to get it loads in my early twenties when I just started teaching. I ended up in hospital too once. It is the worse illness I have ever had, extremely painful! I remember holding OH's hand and squeezing just to swallow my own saliva.

Sending you lots of hugs and I hope you are well soon!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Get some dissolvable aspirin and try to gargle it. I had really bad tonsillitis a couple of years ago and had to gargle it 6 times a day on top of antibiotics, ibuprofen and paracitemol (sp?). I also had Quinces and I was on holiday :( Couldn't talk to the relief of my DH :evil:
Hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks everyone, i am able to talk nearly properly again today and can swallow a little easier thankfully. I did the squeezing OHs hand to swallow lol and also gargled some aspirin which was incredibly difficult as i couldnt even feel my throat so i just ended up with it all falling out of my mouth, very attractive lol.

Hopefully i will be able to eat properly tonight, i;m hungry today so thats a good sign i guess! Thanks for your kind messages, hopefully i wont pass it on thru the forum :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back