I finally feel something resembling normal

Tick-Tock

Reaction score
I haven't been on this site in a while, I've been in a really bad place. For those of you who don't remember me. I had a blighted ovum diagnosed in January, had medical management, then a D&C, continued bleeding for 15 weeks which stopped when I finally passed the placenta.

I didn't realise til very recently that I have been majorly depressed, just going through the motions of my life, without any real attempt to live it properly.... My baby's due date was the end of July and since then I feel that I have had some kind of closure... I really wanted to be pregnant again and that isn't happening. And we have to stop for a while in a month or so because I work on a fixed term contract and won't get SMP on this contract if the baby is born after a certain date. I thought I'd be really frantic by now but I have a sense of calm that it doesn't matter... It'll happen one day......

I don't really know why I am posting this, I guess I feel like I have to voice it to have some sort of acceptance of my situation..... Thanks for listening

J
XX

Not only that, I think you attitude to the whole situation, will be of great benefit to other ladies on here, going through the same dreadful situation... Thank you for sharing... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww hun glad your deeling better now and keep tryig with getting pg your time will come just like it did for the rest of us
take care
manda xx

Lovely to hear from you hun & im glad that you feel a little better in yourself as I know you've had a really tough time & deserve some happiness. Send me a PM if you fancy a chat sometime :)

Hiya honey,
I definately remember you, we were due and lost at similar times.
I am glad you are feeling better, you have been through a very sad experience. I hope the furture brings you some happiness, like Jo said, you really do deserve it.
It is lovely to hear from you again. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I read your posts when I first joined the forum, and thought what you went through for all those months sounded an absolute nightmare. Even if it was just the stress it would put on you physically, never mind emotionally, it would have easily made you depressed. And I can imagine the bleeding meant that your loss wasn't far from your mind during that time.

Glad you're feeling better :) :) :) :hug:

hi hun.
glad to see you back. You are a very strong person and went through so much it was bound to take its toll. Youve shown even more strength by posting and its lovely to hear from you. what happened was very unfair and youve come out the other side. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Im sorry to hear what happened, the same happened to me recently so im just trying to deal with it as best as possible.

Its good to hear when others get back on their feet again
xx

:hug:

Hi Tick-Tock,

It's lovely to see you posting - I think about you often and wonder how you are. I'm sorry you have had such a hard time but so pleased that you feel you are conming through the other side of it.

I don't know if this is helpful to you - but I work on fixed term contracts and legally they have to give you SMP, as it goes from how long you have worked for the company, not how long your contract has left to go. I did lots of research about this when I was pregnant and am now on maternity leave until 8 April (9 months) or 8 July (1 year) 2008 with a contract until 31 March 2008 - but they still have to honour my SMP (I know it only overlaps by a week, but it would be the same regardless). Here is the post which gives you more info.

Good luck and keep in touch

Valentine xxx

Thank you all so much for all your messages.... I have really missed this site...

Valentine, my contract ends at the same time as you (March 2008) however SMP states that you have to have worked for the same employer for 26 weeks before the 15th week before your estimated due date.... That would mean I have to be 25 weeks pregnant by the time my contract ends... I have since found out that I would qualify for maternity allowance though but need to talk that over with my OH as that is even less money. (My employer actually gives you full pay for 6 months as long as you are still covered by your contract, if your contact ends during this time you go onto SMP. So I would have had full pay if I hadn't miscarried and now we are looking at SMP which is a considerable drop... it's not just my desicion to drop our income by that much (those 6 weeks at 90% would really help)) Anyway I'm wittering on now...... better get on and catch up on what I have been missing......

J
XX

Hon your ticker says your goiong to be testing in 6 days?

I just wanted to wish you all the best!!

xx

so lovely to see you back on the site hun, i hope your ok :D

email or pm if you want to talk anytime, hope to catch up soon hun :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER