I feel Terrible

firstangel

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a flu like virus ( got it from my mum i think ) and I feel awful, hot then cold, then hot again!

I have spoken to the midwife, and she has said rest and keep my temp down with paracetomal. and drink loads

Any other advise guys?
:pray:
I am also worried as I just dont feel like eating... :puke:

Worried that all this could be bad for my wee peanut! :pray: :pray:

You know I had exactly the same thing this tuesday! I was hot and cold and hot and cold, I was shaking and feeling awful. I didn't take any medicine but i went straight to bed under lots of covers and forced myself to fall asleep and I was feeling a lot lot better already the next morning! Just have a cup of tea and go rest and get some sleep, try not to take any medicine at first!

Hope you'll be feeling better soon! :hug:

You know I had exactly the same thing this tuesday! I was hot and cold and hot and cold, I was shaking and feeling awful. I didn't take any medicine but i went straight to bed under lots of covers and forced myself to fall asleep and I was feeling a lot lot better already the next morning! Just have a cup of tea and go rest and get some sleep, try not to take any medicine at first!

Hope you'll be feeling better soon! :hug:

Hi hun

I know exactly how your feeling. I got hit by a nasty flu bug last Wednesday and i spent nearly a week in bed. My OH has had it too

Red hot one minute, freezing the next, a blinding headache that lasted days, a terrible cough. I seemed to sleep most of it as i was so exhausted.

Like you i was so worried about how this would affect little one and i went to see our doc. She just said plenty of fluids, seriously drink lots of water and paracetamol is safe to bring your temp down. The doc reassured me that our babies are safe, well protected inside of us and not to stress over it. Concentrate on getting better.

I'm still not 100% and have a nightmare of a cough but i'm getting through it and you will too.

Sending you some hugs and i hope you feel better soon. :hug: :hug:

xxxx

Oh forgot to mention the eating thing....

I too had no appetite at all and lived on bananas and dry toast :puke: .

I also religiously take my pregnancy multivitamin so i hoped this took over a little and provided some much needed nutirients to my little one when i simply couldn't face food.

So if your taking a multivit and plenty of fluids then dont worry, LO will be just fine.

xxx

Thanx guys :) , still feeling crap today, just got up for a hot drink then heading back to bed :sleep: ! my OH seems to have it now too !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back