i cant stop eating junk!!!!

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
i'm really annoyed at myself, becuase i just cant stop munching chocolate, sweeties, icecream etc etc. i am a very fussy eater anyway and struggle to eat a balenced diet... but on top of that i have serious choco-munchies! i JUST CANT STOP!

i'm so worried i'm gonna pile on sooooo much weight :( i'm self concious enough as it is.

The fact that i got 9 Easter egss does not help either. teehee

I know what you mean...... I started off so well in 1st trimester eating a healthy balanced diet and cutting out sweets but now i just seem to have lost my willpower along with my waistline. i just long for chocolate, vimto and crisps of yeah and chips they are the worst thigns ever but i just love them...

I've already gained 12lbs !!!

PS Good luck for your scan tomorrow...... is it still tomorrow?

LMP x

Have your appetites increased? I want more food and think about food 24/7 - I find myself browsing M&S cakes etc at lunchtimes even though I'd never normally eat cakes.....but when I have big meals I feel like I'm going to burst, anyone else get this too?

I eat loads of crap, and i've given up caring about it now!
My baby is fine, shes perfect size and i dont crave foods, i crave bubble bath, so i must be getting all she needs.
So YES i ate 4 chocolate bars, and easter egg, chocolate mousse, and 2 packets of crisps yesterday, but they were all snacks to add to my normal food lol!!

I wouldnt over worry to be honest :rotfl: just eat while you've got a good reason. I'm very much the same, picky eater, dont like veggies but love fruit of most kinds and love junk food. Just try and make sure you put some form of health food into you diet if you can. I had a craving for a roast dinner the other day so I made use of that craving and cooked a roast dinner for the family. I usually hate cooking roast dinners and I never really enjoy them either but we had yorkshire puddings, beef, cabbage, roast potatoes and gravy. It cured the craving and it felt good to know I was eating something healthy.

I have to FORCE myself to eat healthy (inbetween all the crap I'm shovelling in my gob!)

I haven't lost my appetite at all during this pregnancy, if anything, it's increased a HUGE amount! xx

I eat fruit and veg all the time :fib: :fib: :fib: :fib: :fib:

Haha na I'm rubbish! I eat what I need to eat to fill me up. I really cant eat well I would love to be someone who enjoys veg and fruit but I just cant I'm doing everything else right by LO but my eating habits just are awful I have never been any good with veg and fruit just seems to make me ill at the moment which is kinda odd really!

I've never denied myself the treats but I really have worked at avoiding eating total crap. Its not fun but I really wanted to try to eat a balanced diet while PG not only for LO but for me. Once I got past the nausea of first tri I got on with it :lol: I still eat choccy and yummy foods but also make sure I eat fruit and veg every day, also my protein and carbs. I don't eat pre cooked or processed foods much anyways, so not eating all that stuff while PG was no hardship.

If I have a sweet tooth for example instead of biscuits or choccy I have some natural yogurt with a mashed banana and a teaspoon of honey. Sometimes will add sultanas and a chopped apple and have that as lunch. Really yummy and filling.

Don't beat yourself up about it, but maybe try to find things that are still yummy to eat but not so crappy. Maybe try finding things like that that will satisfy your sweet tooth but are a bit better for you and LO. While PG your body stores more fat generally anyways, and often when pregnant we don't exercise so much so do put a bit more on.

My MW wasn't so worried about my weight gain while PG but said it was important to try to eat a balanced diet to ensure I took in the right nutrients and vitamins etc. I don't take vitamin supplements as I was told if I ate well overall my body would get all it needed for LO. Also natural vitamin intake absorbs better into your body.

There is the thinking that we encourage our childs eating habits while still in the womb and that as a child grows it will tend to follow its parents eating habits also as that is what they see and are brought up with. I decided to take that on board and it became another incentive for me to eat as balanced a diet as I can while PG. As to how much proof there is in this I cannot comment, but it became a good incentive :lol: And once LO is here we'll carry on as we always have done with treats every now and again :)

Last week I needed Pot noodle for my lunch - I had them 3 lunches in a row and I have never liked it before - but after my 3rd DH said No more - there was one more left that he had bought in a pack of 4...he threw that in the BIN!!! I know the stuff is bad but I was not happy...I have been eating really healthy otherwise, milk, veg, fruits, selected nuts and seeds, fish, juice etc etc etc ...what harm can pot noodle do :roll:

After calming down I promised myself - LO does not need it, I do ----and I can wait a few more months :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back