I can't believe how nice people can be!

poppy160

Reaction score
Gonna be a long-ish post, but I'm really amazed at how nice some people can be!
We currently live in a 2 bed flat which we have to move out of because it's on the 7th floor and landlord doesn't want children in there anyway, so we have been looking for a new place. After a couple of gross over priced places we saw some newly built flats that were up for rent on a letting site, so my OH phoned and was told there were 2 available with no interest so we went to look at one that evening, and liked it so much we picked up the forms from the agency, filled them in that night and OH dropped them in the next day along with the deposit..when he got back to work he got a phone call from the agency saying 2 other people were already interested. :shock: We had phoned and been in the agency twice in the previous 24 hours and it was only when they had a cheque for £700 odd quid that they tell us this? However, the bloke on the phone went on to say that he was moving out of his flat that he'd been in for 6 months and we could have first refusal on his if we wanted. The flat was brand new when he'd moved in and we'd actually seen it advertised about 7 months ago and didn't go for it cause we knew we wouldn't get it..Actually a friend of mine went for it and the landlord chose the person who was offering the highest rent. It's £525 a month which is quite reasonable for a 6 month old 2 bed flat. We went to see it last night and it's really nice, fully fitted kitchen, sound system in every room and even a Whirlpool bath..and it's ours if we want it so obv we jumped at the offer! We're still not getting our hopes up just in case it doesn't happen..just can't believe how kind people can be! :)

That is great news, lets hope we hear soon you are moving in!

£525 wouldn't even get a studio flat where we live :wall: :wall:

tots hope said:
That is great news, lets hope we hear soon you are moving in!

£525 wouldn't even get a studio flat where we live :wall: :wall:

Thanks! We live in a small town so that's about the average for a 2 bed flat, the one we're in at the moment is £475 an month. If we lived in Exeter which is about 5 miles away we wouldn't be so lucky because it's so expensive. It will go up to £550 cause they're still building and when that's finished there will be a car park so we will have to pay for that aswell.

It's such a coincidence, especially as you had heard about the flat before, sounds like destiny :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back