• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

* I Can Wean ....... UPDATED. HELP PLEASE *

lfc_sarah

Reaction score
Ok so my health visitor said to start to wean Callum today....

As his weight is staying the same now and hes 24 weeks today

And i want to go down the BLW route... but i tried him today and he is not interested atal

Should i wait?
Or just keep trying him?

Or feed him myself?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week on Wednesday according to my health visitor

Im scareddd

Yey - it will be fun, even though you'll need to be a bit more organised now.

Enjooooooy :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh you'll have so much fun! :)

Its great watching their faces etc over different foods!! I was amased at how he just gums at stuff, like hes chewing, but has no teath...! Were moving to some stage 2 jars and the food I make always has lumps in it, because my food processor is crap more than me trying!!

Its great, enjoy it :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

lfc_sarah said:
A week on Wednesday according to my health visitor

Im scareddd

Thats very precise! lol..are you going down the BLW route?

I found it daunting initially- BLW made it easier for me to cope with as almost anything goes! :rotfl:

Relax and don't stress about it and go with your instincts and not always what the HV tells you! I refused to give Isaac anything I wasn't happy with untill I was ready and I knew Isaac was ready. You'll enjoy it if you take it easy and try not to worry :)

TBH, if he's got good hand/mouth control then he's more than capable of feeding himself. if he doesn't want to then that's another matter entirely.

personally i feel a bit funny about spooning food into a baby that's uninterested in food - it reminds me of gavage (force feeding geese/ducks for foie gras) :? :? that could just be my own issue though :wink: :)

if i were you, i'd just let him sit with you at all meal times and offer him finger food of something each time. over the coming days he will probably start to show an interest - and before you know it, he'll be shovelling the stuff in :D connor knew what to do with finger food straight away, but it took some time before he ate it, rather than spit it back out. my friend has been weaning her baby for the past 2 weeks and has had similar problems to you with her LO not really interested - she tucked into some turkey at lunch today though, so she's definitely starting to get the hang of it.

IMHO you should just spend a few days offering different finger food, keeping things relaxed and involving your LO in meal times. i think he'll get the idea sooner rather than later :)

good luck :hug: :hug: :hug:

purple13 has given some good advice if you want to do BLW.

Let him go at his own pace and don't fret if he's not interested yet. We started weaning Galen a little while back as he seemed so ready for food. We tried him with things for a few days and he loved it and could not get enough. So we carried on. Had he not been interested I'd have not minded and would have tried again a few days or a week later again.

The beauty of BLW is that when baby is ready they'll have a go. Just sit him with you when you have your meals and pop some steamed veggie sticks in front of him, or broccoili florets and see what he does. Galen spent most of his time squishing the broccoli and then finally shoved handfuls of it in his mouth and pulled faces at the texture. Next time he started eating it straight away.

We also found Galen loves butternut squash and have given him a spoon to feed himself some stewed apple. He is also chowing down on pear, banana, kiwi, roasted parnsip and sweet potato now. We tried celeriac but he isn't sure about that yet :lol: Next stop chicken!

This is the second post that I thought i posted a reply too, and when i checked back its not there :think: am i going mad??? :doh:

As i said (i think) earlier, i totally forgot to send you the recipes, Do you want the book? we are finished with it now? maybe be of some help xx

Im so clueless... whats BLW?
sorry to butt in sarah :oops: goo luck with callum

maria1976 said:
This is the second post that I thought i posted a reply too, and when i checked back its not there :think: am i going mad??? :doh:

As i said (i think) earlier, i totally forgot to send you the recipes, Do you want the book? we are finished with it now? maybe be of some help xx

:think: This is the only post i seem to have :lol:

How much would you like for it hun?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanx everyone else for the advice! Really helps :)

And Vix, BLW is Baby Led Weaning where they do it themselves instead of being fed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back