I am taking a break for a while due to cancer .....

Loobie9

Reaction score
Hey All :wave:

Just thought i'd update you all for those that remember me. I've been away for a short while.

I found out i have breast cancer back on the 10th August this year. :( My world has been going at 100 miles per hour since that day.
I'm ok though. Coping very well. I am about to start chemo on Wednesday, then lumpectomy and radiotherapy.
There is some good news to come out of all of this which is why i wanted to write to you all.

Some of you may already know this, but with having chemo you have a 50/50 chance of becoming infertile, so i will be having my ovaries switched off while i am having the treatment, and have just finished a round of IVF, which took all of 2 weeks. And I am happy to say that the hospital managed to freeze 10 embryos..... :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Me and DH are obvioulsy over the moon and this will be what will keep me/us going through out this whole process. It means that we will have 5 attempts at getting and keeping pregnant.

I will be on and off the boards when I can, so just wanted to wish you all the best of luck and keep in touch.......

aww hun great news about the embryos :dance: all the best for your treatment, hope you don't suffer too much with the chemo and you will be back here for your IVF very soon all the best xx :hug:

Lots and lots of luck with your treatment.
Great news about your embryos.
Hope to see you back here VERY soon.
Lucyx :hug:

I left this in your other thread :D

.............. Just wanted to send you my best wishes hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Good luck with your chemo, let us all know how you get on.

And great news on your 10 embryos :cheer:

Sorry to hear about the cancer :hug: :hug: :hug: but great news on the embryos :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I hope things go well for you. Take care :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry to hear about the cancer hun :hug: :hug:

But a big YAY!!! for the 10 little embryo's :cheer: :cheer:

Take care :hug: :hug: :hug:

Fantastic news on the little embryos :cheer: :cheer: Best of luck with your treatment and I look forward to seeing you back on here very soon :hug: :hug:

Wishing you all the best for your treatment babes and thats fab news about the embryos :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hey sweet, best of luck for all your treatment I hope it all goes well for you!

Well done on the embryos, what a positive thing to focus on!

Take care and do pop in and see us when you can :hug:

Hope your treatment goes well :hug: :hug:

:cheer: :cheer: for the embryos :cheer: :cheer: take care and see you soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

You are being so brave :hug:
:cheer: Brilliant news about the embryos- 10 is a massive number! :cheer:

Good luck with your treatment, look after yourself :hug:

So sorry about the cancer hope you get better really soon :hug: :hug:

and congratulations on the embryo's 10 is a fantastic number :cheer: :hug: :hug:

Absolutely brilliant news about your eggs, definitely something to aim for :hug: wish you all the best through your treatment :hug:

So so sorry to hear about the C hun but its great your being so positive and looking to the future.

All the best :hug:

aww i hope ur ok hun, u sound like ur coping really well. stay strong :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back