I am soooooo

1sttimemum

Reaction score
F***in annoyed!!!!

Yesterday Caitlyn did nothing but scream for some unbeknown reason - if you put her down she screamed blue murder, you picked her up and she wa quiet within 30 seconds. My OH was at work 12-10pm and she was like this 2-10pm. So....I rang my mum at about 7.30 in the hope that she might offer to come down and watch her for 5 mins. Whilst i caught my breath!!

No such offer.

Tonight my sis rang to see if i wanted anything from tesco (she doesnt drive so i asked how she had got there) she said my mum and dad had taken her, so i said "tell them in case there bothered Caitlyn has been good today".

My mum has just been on the phone saying theres no need to be sarky and shes sorry she didnt ring earlier (being sarcastic) she finishes work at 4.30 and its now 8pm, this is her first granddaughter!!! I said to her well if lisa had a problem you'd be straight on the phone to her, she said i'll speak to you another time if your in that sorta mood.

My nanna had 5 children and all but my mum have had bad relationships and are now on their own, my mum always says that my nan doesnt offer her as much support or time etc which she does and i see the same thing happening with my mum.

I feel she seems to offer more support to my sis as my sis is a young mum living on her own, she got preg and split up with the dad.

I live with my partner who as you can see works stupid (police) shifts and i feel i dont get the same sort of support. Ive tried speaking to my mum about it in the past but she doesnt belive she is doing anything wrong.

Do you think i over reacted?
Does anyone else have experience of this situation?
It really upsets me and makes me think im not as important etc, i really needed my mum yesterday and she didnt come through for me!!!

Honestly, yes I think you over-reacted....but then again my mother is BEYOND difficult in every way you could think of, so in comparison your mother sounds like an angel.

Maybe somebody with a 'normal' mother might agree that yours was being unreasonable.

i dont have a normal mother either but mines the opposite to xena's. she falls over herself tryna do stuff for me and my little sis, and she takes everything on board herself all our problems- i kinda resent it in a way because i cant go to her when iv got a problem- not that she wouldnt want me to but for her own protection- shes a nervous wreck and would go to pieces so i have to keep my problems to myself, i wish she was more of a rock for me!

mothers, eh- omg thats what we all are tho- god help us!

You say she didn't OFFER to come over but did you actually ask her?
Maybe if you asked outright instead of hinting she might have come round? I bet your sister didn't hint that she needed a lift to Tescos ;)

no urchin, i didnt ask outright. inever do with my parents, even a sunday lunch.

Lisa would have mithered for a lift as shes a cheeky mare.

The way i was o the phone i was almost crying, lisa lived at home til her son was 5 month old so she got all the support ever. ive nothin once my bf goes to work

:cry: :cry:

1sttimemum said:
no urchin, i didnt ask outright. inever do with my parents, even a sunday lunch.

Lisa would have mithered for a lift as shes a cheeky mare.

The way i was o the phone i was almost crying, lisa lived at home til her son was 5 month old so she got all the support ever. ive nothin once my bf goes to work

:cry: :cry:

im going to be int he same position as you hun, im living at my dads, but will be moving out to live on my own,i will be on my own at night with Sophie even though me and my OH are still together, he has a flat and lots of debt to sort out. He works 5 days a week, so ill be on my own too. the friends i have work during the day, so theres no chance of them helping, and i dont get on with my mum.

PM me if you want hun, i understand the situation with your sister, mine is EXACTLY :x the same. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back