• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hv pees me right off !!

yummymum

Reaction score
So 2 weeks ago she announces that Ethan my nearly 3 yr old is lonely and doesnt have enough child interaction :roll: bare in mind I also have Jake 14 and katie 10 as well as my baby lily 8months ...and how i should be taking him to playgroups ..well i dont drive and live in middle of nowhere so tbh thats why we only go once a week ...she says she is going to refer me to surestart for assement in view of getting him a place in there nursery which in atown 8 miles away known as smack head alley ..no way do i want my child mixing with children of junkies and prostitutes:shock:

So I ring the local playgroup which runs full days monday tuesday wenesdays and had spaces which they didnt in sept ..so i book him in and he is loving it:dance: the only problem is its 3 miles away and with buses once a hr i cant let him go just half days as by time i get back it would be time to get him so all day is the only option

Today I went to baby clinic and cancelled my next home visit as Ethan will be at playgroup , I explained where he was and she said why the change of heart and are you happy with Ethan being there all day so i explain that no but its better then him going to surestart and now he is there its fine she went on and on at how sure start was only a option and how Ethan was my child and i didnt have to do anything i didnt want to do ..I explained that she made me feel i had little choice and her answer was thats not how i work serina i wouldnt ever make u do something you didnt want to do:wall2: yet for the last 2 visits shes gone on and on about him needed child interaction

I also do not understand why she comes to see me once a month when lily is my 4th child and with Ethan i was left to my own devices and took him to be seen when i wanted ...she makes me feel unerved as if i am not coping although i am its just her and her patranising ways that make me feel that i am doing something wrong

Last edited:
Yummy I was with my friend when the HV came to see her third. Now my friend had a few concerns about the new arrival but all the HV could focus on with the middle child, creating issues out of nothing. And not reassuring at all about the things she should be bothered about! Just not helpful at all! My friend decided to bite the bullet and complain about her formally cause this was just the start of a whole list and managed to get her HV changed. She also said that she didn't need such frequent visits and it just raised anxieties about the things she was making into problems. Sorry probably not much help but these people are here to help, not to cause extra stress and if that's what they're doing then they're not doing a great job!!!!!!

Exactly thank-you ...basically it was Lily,s 7month assesement that she went on and on about Ethan ...Really as got to me ...yet today infront of her colleges she played dumb like she hadnt made out ethan must have more child interaction x

Funny it was my friends first visit for her youngest. The HV kept asking if middle child wasn't talking yet and wasn't she concerned about that (eh no, she's a wee chatterbox when there's not a random stranger in the house, nevermind a new baby!!). Then her ears pricked up when she heard the oldest (who is 5!!) washing her hands in the bathroom next door and middle child laughing with her. "Oh is that water running, you'd better check on them!!!" I mean, it was obvious what was happening, and the 5 year old has more sense than to attempt to drown her sister!! (Well I suppose my sis would have used any opportunity, hahaha )
They only see a snapshot too, you'd know if you were concerned, not be hanging around waiting for someone else to point it out surely!!

i justrealised who you are :wave: my hv is a big bag of wank too, she's coming out tomorrow too :yawn: i think i'm going to complain about her cos she's so shit! they just seem to poke their noses in where they arent wanted and ignore the things that are actually an issue!!

I wouldn't be happy with that at all :mad:

Like (I've been listening to Toon too much :lol:) you felt compelled to do it yet she said she wasn't pushing :doh:

Serina you're doing great :hug:

hey sweetie :wave: you are doing great, and you must do what your happy with! if your unhappy with him at nursery then thats your decision. i no maddi will probably not got till she's 3, and i'd only like 2mornings a week if i'm honest, but then it's easier for me as i drive :hug: i really don't understand these hv's they can be bloody useless! i no mine is! xx

Maybe I should become a HV and show them how its done lmao ..though it takes yrs ..no idea why as they all seem useless

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back