• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How often do you see the HV?

Flame

Reaction score
I have never seen the HV regularly i practically have to moan just to get him in to have him weighed. Are you supposed to see them regularly? or is it when you want to?

I think it varies from practice to practice and HV to HV. I always found I had to make the move to get Isaac checked. They are quite slack with it otherwise. I havent had Isaac checked for a long time and nobody has rang me or written to me to ask me to bring him for a check up and weigh in.

Lou

I take Austin once a month to be weighed but I always have to make the appointment. The HV hasn't initiated an appointment since he was 10 days old! I just like to know how big he's getting and I find if I go once a month I can ask her whatever questions I have at the time too (although I ignore most of what she tells me!! :wink: )

I think it's usually up to you how often you go.

We have a local clinic that opens for 4 hurs per week. You can turn up at any time and get little one weighed and measured. There is also 2 or 3 HV on duty to answer any questions you might have etc.

I took Grace once a week for the first month, since then I go about every 5 or 6 weeks.

Fiona said:
We have a local clinic that opens for 4 hurs per week. You can turn up at any time and get little one weighed and measured. There is also 2 or 3 HV on duty to answer any questions you might have etc.

I took Grace once a week for the first month, since then I go about every 5 or 6 weeks.

We have the same, it's open 2-4pm on a Tuesday. Or we can go to any of the local drop in centres if we want to. There is usually a HV there that will give you your updated red book back and ask if you have any questions.

We do all the legwork with ours too, its open on a wednesday morning, and you just turn up to get weighed, then if you want to speak to the HV you just let them know and you can speak to her after weighing in.
I've not had an arranged appointment since her 6 week check :D

Emmylou said:
We do all the legwork with ours too, its open on a wednesday morning, and you just turn up to get weighed, then if you want to speak to the HV you just let them know and you can speak to her after weighing in.
I've not had an arranged appointment since her 6 week check :D

Here too! I take him every couple of weeks as I enjoy the walk!

mine doesnt visit often, but i go 2 baby clinic every week 2 hav millie weighed, and there are normally 2 there (not always mine) to answer questions etc.

my HV used to come every two weeks but is now coming every 3 but i can take him to get weighed every wednesday if i want as the clinic is on my street.

My HV had her baby a month ago and so haven't seen her for a while but her replacement turned up for a home visit, luckily I was in bed and OH had to chat with her :lol:
We have open clinic where you get LO weighed and have a chat, you can go every week or never, but usually no home visits, think my HV's replacement just wanted a nosey :wink:

There is a weigh in clinic i can take him to but its quite a walk and not quite far enough away to warrent the £1.40 bus fair, it would be ok to walk if you had unlimited time to walk there but it shuts about 10.30ish and Leif doesnt wake till about then.

I take mine to get weighed about once a month and theres always a HV there but you either have to be really lucky to go when shes free or sit and wait for like and hour to speak to her. Never get no appointments or nothing.

lou said:
I think it varies from practice to practice and HV to HV. I always found I had to make the move to get Isaac checked. They are quite slack with it otherwise. I havent had Isaac checked for a long time and nobody has rang me or written to me to ask me to bring him for a check up and weigh in.

Lou

you should be contacted in a few weeks for his two year old check

We have a mother and baby group with a HV there if you want to speak about anything or get weighed. Its open for 2 hours a week. I might take Jake tomorrow, not to get weighed tho, just to play! :lol:

natalie&jake said:
We have a mother and baby group with a HV there if you want to speak about anything or get weighed. Its open for 2 hours a week. I might take Jake tomorrow, not to get weighed tho, just to play! :lol:

Ditto, our village has a weekly group, HV there for questions/advise/weighing etc - Wed's 9-11 term time only so no group tomorrow!! Previous to this she came to my house weekly till I was ready to get out & about myself. We dont go to group weekly because LO is really a tad young for it yet but its nice to meet other village mummies etc.

I go the clinic where the HV's are. My actual HV has never been at the clinic and has been off sick for about 4 months. They only told me this after she'd been off 2 months and had kept promising me she will ring. :roll:
She got back last week and is coming out next tuesday. I find her ok but think the other ones are full of porkies.

I haven't seen my HV since Aaron was 7 months old! They sent me a pack through a few weeks back asking if Aaron was doing certain things and if he wasn't then to make an appointment but he was doing them all so haven't made one. I used to take him to be weighed at the clinic but never saw my HV, it was just an assistant who did it all and then there was one HV who was there for questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back